Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nicole

Final Decision..

Jan B
OOOHhhh, brave people for posting. But this is a place for no judgements. This is a place of acceptance. Even though we don't know each other, we get a feel for who we each are through our postings. This is a safe place.

And a reminder to self: it may be the only safe place some people have. ;)

Dr. NotkNow
Hidden

your still a drama queen.

Cloudedbrains

Nicole - the only RIGHT decision is the one thats best for you, not the one that pleases or fits someone elses believes or thoughts :)

I am behind you hun - take care and do whats right for you both ;)

Lizzie G
I also feel this way. I feel lots of things because of my personal experience. I have no children today. I had a little son who died at almost 6 months old. I fought like Heck to keep him alive and well. But I also aborted a baby when I was 19 (4 years prior to my son being born). I'll never get over the guilt, other than to know that God loves me anyway. I'll probably regret typing and posting this, but, it's an open forum and I'm posting.

Hey Jan, it must be so hard to share these things and its so brave of you to do so. Big hugs x

gambi

Nicole,

I think you made the right decision and I support you. Of course I am also an agnostic fiscally conservative social liberal, so that is the decision I would have made ( no surprise).

It was a tough decision but I do commend you for being so brave. Best of luck to you and I hope that things will turn around and you will find a job and when the time is right you will have children!

Take care,

Let the lashing on my post begin...I'm used to being criticized for my views.

walleyedave

It must have been a very tough choice. I Can't say as I will ever agree with your choice. But it is your choice to make, and yours only. Your the one that has to live with it. I wish there was something I could do or say to make you change your mind.

I do sincerly, wish you the best though. You are brave to post it so puplicly. :(

Jill-O

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

There was a time in my life when I'd have made the same choice but never actually had to. However, the past 5 years has brought 4 miscarriages and realization I may not be able to hold a pregnancy... in my situation, I am thankful my "scares" when I was younger were not actual pregnancies or I'd probably really beat myself up now.

Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to ask for "something" (xanax...) from your doctors if you need it. Following my miscarriages, it helped a lot and I think a lot of my issues were hormonal. Short term, it really helped me and took away that urge to wallow in feeling bad.

nicole

I'm starting to think that this is meant to be, because every time we go to an abortion clinic something happens and i can't be seen, or we decide to go to another one and then soemthing happens there.

We'll see..

ant hill

Hello Nicole, This is indeed hard and a brave lady to share your grief with us and have a good cry if you want to as it's only natural to do so.

Life is complex as this is just one of them. :(

4roses.jpg

Please take these roses and try to put back that happy face. :):o

I also feel this way. I feel lots of things because of my personal experience. I have no children today. I had a little son who died at almost 6 months old. I fought like Heck to keep him alive and well. But I also aborted a baby when I was 19 (4 years prior to my son being born). I'll never get over the guilt, other than to know that God loves me anyway. I'll probably regret typing and posting this, but, it's an open forum and I'm posting.

Jan, This is hard and the guilt is crushing and thank you for also sharing your experiences with us as this hurtful.

Girls Please spend time to yourselves and do something that you like to do. God will love you no matter what has happened.

LifeRoses%20Pink%20KO.jpg

A little something to cheer you up and (((HUGS))) to both of you. :):o

My daughter was in your shoes a couple years ago. She thought she knew what she was getting into in deciding to have the baby. Baby's may be small, but they are definitely a big deal as she keeps learning day after day.

I'm not a judge, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night either. I don't know you Nicole but from what I get from your posts / profile / MySpace etc. I suspect that you'll make a great mommy someday if you choose to do that. I like your honesty and openness as well as your zest for life! Even though, of course, some will totally disagree with your decision, I think the deliberate measured consideration of this difficult decision speaks volumes about your tremendous qualities as a person. You go girl.

What a terrific post Keith!!, There are times that's not right and circumstances can get in the way as this is a tough decision. :o

KCP

Hugs for you Nicole.. Tough, perhaps the toughest, desicion couple can be faced with. I really do wish you the best of Luck hon...

Im sad, but my sadness stems my own life right now (why? me and my husband have been trying for months to be in your position.. I wish it were us, but someone up there has other plans for me it seems )

palefacegirl03

Nicole, this is your decision. Either way it is your choice and not anyone elses. Everyone has the right to their on opinion and to make the choice that is right for them.

Bless you.

EeyoreButterfly

Nicole,

Have you spoken to your parents about this yet? Regardless of what you decide, I really think you should.

I wish you the best of luck with your decision.

nicole

No, I still haven't talked to anyone but Bobby and that's how its going to stay until I feel I'm ready to talk to my parents about it, which could be a very long time.

I look at it like this.. What they don't know won't hurt them.

And I feel that this is my decision and nobody else's. Afterall it is MY body. I could tell them and they could tell me what they think and everything, but still that won't change my mind at all. I'm going to do whats best for me right now, and thats that.

EeyoreButterfly

Nicole, I only suggested it for your own safety. I don't know if you read my post on the other thread before it got closed, but I explained why I feel this way.

I don't know what they have told you about abortion, but if my friend's experience is normal, there is no way you can hide from your parents what is going on. When she took the pill she became very weak, pale, and literally felt like she was going to die. She even called the doctor thinking that she was dying. I believe these pills work by giving you a dose of hormones, which could have an effect on your blood sugar. I would think for safety's sake it would be good for them to know what is going on in case they need to monitor you or get help.

Carwy
No, I still haven't talked to anyone but Bobby and that's how its going to stay until I feel I'm ready to talk to my parents about it, which could be a very long time.

I look at it like this.. What they don't know won't hurt them.

And I feel that this is my decision and nobody else's. Afterall it is MY body. I could tell them and they could tell me what they think and everything, but still that won't change my mind at all. I'm going to do whats best for me right now, and thats that.

Your right. If you wish for them to know then you tell them when you think the time is right. I know you will make the right one.

nicole

I don't think your friends was "normal".

They also have the surgical procedure, where you won't have all those side effects.

I've done my research and know what to expect.

Thanks for the thought though :)

EeyoreButterfly

You're welcome. She is the only one I know who has had an abortion (who has talked about it at least). We're just concerned for your safety.

HuskerMychal

Nicole,

I will not say one way or the other on the descision. That is not my say to say.

I will just say my prayers and support will be there for you both as it is with all my friends in tough or trying times.

RedRD

I am praying for you and your unborn baby. I am praying that you will practice a responsible form of birth control after this experience. I am praying that something will change your mind...Love in Christ

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

-Psalms 139:14-16

nicole
I am praying for you and your unborn baby. I am praying that you will practice a responsible form of birth control after this experience. I am praying that something will change your mind...Love in Christ

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

-Psalms 139:14-16

Thanks but I'm going to do what is best for me.

I have my reasons for considering this.

and this post is really old, I have since then made an update to this, and if you don't get a chance to read it it says I'm not sure what I'm doing now. But again like I said I'm doing whats in my best interest right now.

RedRD

My prayers are with you - my pump was a God-send before, during, and after my pregnancies. Do you have one? If not, have you considered one? Keep us updated! Your A1c is looking better every month (or 3)!

Hugs for you Nicole.. Tough, perhaps the toughest, desicion couple can be faced with. I really do wish you the best of Luck hon...

Im sad, but my sadness stems my own life right now (why? me and my husband have been trying for months to be in your position.. I wish it were us, but someone up there has other plans for me it seems )

RedRD

I understand, and I'm praying for you. Your body is your body, and the body growing inside of you has been given to you. Please know that I am not judging - just praying for you, earnestly. Six years ago, this time of the year, I had newborn baby girl. And 4 years ago, this time of they year, I got to see my son's heartbeat on the ultrasound monitor (was about 10 weeks pregnant w/him). Beautiful, healthy babies.

My prayers are with you.

Thanks but I'm going to do what is best for me.

I have my reasons for considering this.

and this post is really old, I have since then made an update to this, and if you don't get a chance to read it it says I'm not sure what I'm doing now. But again like I said I'm doing whats in my best interest right now.