Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brneyedgirl

New, ttcing, diabetic & PCOS

brneyedgirl

Hello

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am 38 years old and have been ttcing for 2 years. I have been married for 2 years as well. I was just recently diagnosed as diabetic. I also have PCOS. I live in toronto, canada.

genie86333

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

How are you caring for your diabetes?

Just curious, what's ttcing?

KCP

HI!!! You sound like me, except im 25 with PCOS and T1 diabetes and TTC'ing :)

Welcome and I hope your journey will soon end with TTC!!

Genie: TTC'ing is = Trying to concieve IE have a baby

brneyedgirl

Thank you everyone

I am taking metformin and trying to lose weight.

I've been very upset because my HB!ac's are between 12 and 15. I've been trying really hard to get it down. I had to get it down by January 15th. That's when I go see my endcrinologist.

Keezheekoni

Yikes! 12 to 15 and my OB would kill me for TTC...

The rule of my OB is an A1c of less than 7 and ideally less than 6 while TTC and throughout the pregnancy.

Right now I'm less than 7, but my next check in a week should be less than 6. I've adjusted my insulin since my last check.

I hope you do well with your TTC, but please get those numbers down beforehand!

scarlet

Hi there,

I'm also 38 and recently diagnosed as diabetic. I had three children and was gestational diabetic with all three. I am also polycystic and lost an ovary when I was 19 from a softball sized cyst. I was lucky in that my multiple cysts did not stick around long or were easily removed.

I've had issues with sugar since I began to menstrate and wish more information related to the estrogen/insulin/cortisol loop were out there. *sigh* the vicious circles are maddening.

I hope you can concieve :) it's worth all the trouble. I sought out help with sugar through NAET (NAET - Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques are alternative allergy medications used to reduce or eliminate allergy and disease) and truely believe it made a huge difference.

Blueeyes409

HI I am new here. My name is Sandy and I just found out last month that I am diabetic. We were TTC when I found out and now we have put it on hold. I hope that you can get your numbers down and get your BFP.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.