Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

momofT1

tips on cgm insertions???

momofT1

My son has low body fat and is running out of places to insert his cgm. He is afraid of putting it anywhere but on his belly. Any tips?

Gordonm

I just started recently putting them on the inside of my upper thigh. I do not have any excess body fat and thought this has the most meaty area. I pretty much thought it was going to be very painfull but it actually has hurt less than my belly or the love handle area. I did have one bleed for a minute this morning but it stopped pretty quickly and is working fine.

betty6333
I just started recently putting them on the inside of my upper thigh. I do not have any excess body fat and thought this has the most meaty area. I pretty much thought it was going to be very painfull but it actually has hurt less than my belly or the love handle area. I did have one bleed for a minute this morning but it stopped pretty quickly and is working fine.

When we started CGM we used Arms and tummy, but tummy was so thin that i worried about hitting muscle. It is scary, but if you gave a shot there, you can stick a CGM there.

Good luck

(ps i bribed my kid the first few new site spots) it works

Type1Mum

My son is also very lean - we started out on the tummy, but would often have poor control due to the catheter hitting his muscles and kinking. He exclusively uses the hip/bottom area now and have had no problems with these sites (2+ years).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.