Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lugnut48

Missouri

Dewey

I'm not from there, but thought of you as we went through Missouri last week. It would have been interesting to meet. Weather wasn't bad in St. Louis, but was he**ish beyond...:eek:

lugnut48

where were you going / heading from dewey?

and where are you at ohana? I'm actually in Camdenton.

I know there's a few more from Missouri - where are they?!? :D

EeyoreButterfly

My folks live in Jeff (where I am right now) but I attend school in the sticks in North Eastern Missouri.

GretchO
Im a Missouri native!! Just northeast of you here in Columbia.

I'm in Columbia too...not a MO native, though.

GretchO
I should mention then too that I'm not a native as well. Moved down here almost 4 years ago.

Same here...well, we moved here (Columbia) a bit over 3 years ago from MA, and are continually surprised at how much we like it here...we had planned to vacate as soon as my husband was done w/ his PhD but now are having second thoughts about leaving. Not that we didn't think we'd like MO (had no preconceived notions, really didn't know anything about it), we just never imagined we wouldn't want to move back home.

kstreeter513
I'm in Columbia too...not a MO native, though.

I work at University Hospital as an X-ray Tech. If you're ever in there for what ever reason (no one goes there for good reasons though I guess) you should come find me in radiology!!

lugnut48

I'm actually dying to get out of here. I can't stand living here (LOTO.) It's such a huge difference than Metro-Detroit. I've been looking for a few months now to move back to MI. If I can sell the house here, and get a job back up in MI - we'd be golden. Live with my 'rents for a while, pay off some bills and then buy a house dirt cheap (or get a decent apartment.)

Sounds like a plan, eh? But you know what they say: if you want to see God's sense of humor - let him know your plans. ;)

GretchO
I work at University Hospital as an X-ray Tech. If you're ever in there for what ever reason (no one goes there for good reasons though I guess) you should come find me in radiology!!

Hey, that's totally cool! I also work at the University (in the Graduate School)...so if you're ever out for a walk (or run), head on over to Jesse Hall!

GretchO
I'm actually dying to get out of here. I can't stand living here (LOTO.) It's such a huge difference than Metro-Detroit. I've been looking for a few months now to move back to MI. If I can sell the house here, and get a job back up in MI - we'd be golden. Live with my 'rents for a while, pay off some bills and then buy a house dirt cheap (or get a decent apartment.)

Sounds like a plan, eh? But you know what they say: if you want to see God's sense of humor - let him know your plans. ;)

I lived in metro-Boston for almost 20 years and am a native New Englander...so coming to Columbia (and the mid-west) was quite a shock for us. But there's a lot to be said for zero traffic (in comparison) and a 10 minute commute. Maybe I can't get some of the stuff I was accustomed to getting in the big city, but Columbia has a nice way of making up for all that! I'll definitely need to live near the ocean and/or mountains again one day, but CoMo's not a bad place to be in the mean time.

lugnut48
I lived in metro-Boston for almost 20 years and am a native New Englander...so coming to Columbia (and the mid-west) was quite a shock for us. But there's a lot to be said for zero traffic (in comparison) and a 10 minute commute. Maybe I can't get some of the stuff I was accustomed to getting in the big city, but Columbia has a nice way of making up for all that! I'll definitely need to live near the ocean and/or mountains again one day, but CoMo's not a bad place to be in the mean time.

Have you been to the Lake yet? Columbia is much bigger than here, many more amenities. It's a freakin' tourist town here - blah. Living here year round sucks. I'd do Columbia over LOTO anyday. :D

GretchO

Been through that area but have never stopped (one of my husband's lab mates is from Bolivar...talk about small town!!), i can understand the small town AND tourist town blech of the Lake, though. Doesn't Nelly have a place down there?

DCaplinger

Sorry I didn't see this one before.

I live in Springfield, MO. I work in Ozark, MO. Ohana, how far South of Springfield do you live?

Regards,

D

inkvisitor

Not from MO, but have plenty of extended family in St. Louis (and family property just southwest of St. Louis near De Soto).

Jan B

I have in-laws in Blue Springs (near KC). We usually go visit every year. I lived in and around KC for about 7 years -- worked at the big Sprint campus while it was being built. I've enjoyed Springfield (where the original Bass Pro is), Branson, and I once drove my dog to the vet hospital in Columbia.

Moving to KC from Dallas was a bit of a culture shock. It took about 2 years before I liked it, and then I decided I'd never move to a big city again. Well, that was until my husband got transferred back to Dallas.

lugnut48

Totally forgot about this thread! Whoops!

Yeah, lake life isn't all it's cracked up to be UNLESS you're on the lake. :D

We're actually putting the house up for sale on Wednesday. (Anyone looking to move to the lake? :D) We hate being away from family so much that we wanna move back to Michigan. Some call it a STUPID decision considering the economy up there, but we don't like it here at all. I *might* be happier living in KC, but probably not.

GretchO

We too are moving back "home"...my hubby got a job in Boston, so we'll be returning from whence we came. We had actually hoped to stay in Columbia for a while (he was hoping for a post-doc position here at the University) but w/ the economy and funding issues that didn't materialize. We're just unbelievably grateful he was able to find a good job.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.