Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lugnut48

Missouri

EeyoreButterfly

Another person moving here, although I will be relocating in state. I got a teaching job in Independence and am currently house hunting. We're looking at both rentals and places to buy. We would prefer to buy it. With our calculations, the montly payments on the mortgage would be cheaper than paying rent for a house of the same size, so ican get a nicer house for less money and not have to worry about all the issues that come with a rental. The one problem is the loan will have to in my name and since I don't *officially* have a job (my contract starts in August) we don't know if that will be possible.

kstreeter513

I'm from Columbia, MO too. I like it here with all the parks, and it is a fairly bike friendly city too, which I enjoy.

Debbie Sue

I was born and raised in Joplin, MO but now live in Wichita, KS. My parents, sister and her family still live around Joplin. I would love to move back there and so would my dh. He was born and raised there too.

Also a dream of ours is to live on the lake in the Ozarks... :D

jeggeman31

I have a sister in law that lives just outside of Springfield.

My favorite place to go when we visit Lamberts Cafe. Good food, fun times.

Ohana
I have a sister in law that lives just outside of Springfield.

My favorite place to go when we visit Lamberts Cafe. Good food, fun times.

You really just can't beat Lambert's. Although I like the rolls so it is REALLY hard to only get to SHARE ONE ;) .

DCaplinger

Lamberts is here in Ozark, where I work. :) I love their rolls (who doesn't?).

I don't get to eat there very often, because we never think to come back to Ozark after I get off of work. However, I think I'll make that our place to eat tomorrow evening. :)

Regards,

D

Granny Shanny

We retired to the Ozarks in 1988. Well, husband retired . . . I continued working until 1998. He's the native Missourian; I'm a Cornhusker. We have 20 acres between Crocker & Richland.

foxl
where were you going / heading from dewey?

and where are you at ohana? I'm actually in Camdenton.

I know there's a few more from Missouri - where are they?!? :D

We were in Cole Camp and Versailles yesterday -- we wanted our kids to tour a cave, so took em allllllll the way down to Jacob's Cave! Was fun, and interesting.

Boy there are a LOT of people down there, anymore. Residents, not tourists, I mean.

EeyoreButterfly

I'm thinking us KC area DFers (and anybody else who wants to come) should arrange a meet up. Any takers?

foxl
I'm thinking us KC area DFers (and anybody else who wants to come) should arrange a meet up. Any takers?

It WOULD be fun ... but with 3 kids and no driver's license ... challenging!

foxl
That is difficult!

Can be. I live on a bus line, and within walking distance of schools ...

Irish123

I live 40 miles west of St. Louis in Mo. I have lived here all my life and always wanted to live in a warmer climate. I hate Mo. weather!

eskimo
I live 40 miles west of St. Louis in Mo. I have lived here all my life and always wanted to live in a warmer climate. I hate Mo. weather!

Where? I'm in Moscow Mills.

DCaplinger

I now live in Ozark, and am in walking distance of Lamberts. It'd be a long walk, but it's within 2 miles. :)

Regards,

D

Ti-Jae

Ah, fellow Missourians. :) Born and raised in and around Jefferson City. After a few years in Texas and Kansas, I moved back to central Missouri, and with the most recent move over the summer, have officially returned to JC.

Vi Hicks

Was born in the Ozarks, Sparta, and lived there until age 11 then the folks moved to Kansas City. I've been here except for the 17 years I lived every where through out the south and Michigan with my traveling husband. He passed away after bring me back to Kansas City.

Vi Hicks

Lucky you ! I hear we are getting one here in Indep, MO. about 30 miles from where I live. I can hardly wait for it!

Vi Hicks

I've lived most of my life in MO. Born in Sparta then moved to Kansas City at age 11. Except for the 17 years I traveled with my deceased husband I've been here. I loved the South and I loved Michigan.

foxl
Lucky you ! I hear we are getting one here in Indep, MO. about 30 miles from where I live. I can hardly wait for it!

Hi, Vi, I live north of the river, too! There are quite a few KC people on here!

ljjhouser

WOW Linda - North of the river - God's country. Me too. Born and raised in Joplin (high school in Joplin), Live in KC (North). Love the rolling hills of MO. I spend a lot of time in Ozarks and Springfield. Love the Ozark rivers - Current, Eleven Point, Jacks Fork, Buffalo, Big Piney, etc. Land of karst topography and great water. Later, Larry:)

andypoo

I never seen this post until just now. I'm from Mo. I actually am approximately 40 miles west of St.Louis ,also lived here all my life,except for a brief time in Kentucky when my husband was in the Army in 69'.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.