Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keezheekoni

It's a...

Cormac_Doyle
Jill, you are hysterical! :T Nice chatting with ya! :D

Everyone else, yes please start suggesting names... the rules are:

*It has to be an "interesting" name

*It has to be unusual (read: not common)

*It cannot begin with the letters C, T, K, S, or P

*It has to be at least two syllables

*If you're also suggesting a middle name, you must yell it really loudly and see if it would sound good being yelled down the street come dinnertime :T

Oh, and if it's an Irish or Chippewa name, those are pluses.

Oh and if you want to see new pictures, they're here:

Baby v6.0

They're the two "Orbits" pics and the "Boy" pic. :)

Ruairí (Rory) - Irish name meaning "the red king"

Fionn (Finn) - Irish name meaning "Fair skinned" or "Fair haired"

Oisín (Osheen) - Boy's Irish derivative of Jesus (Iosa)

Tadg; Tiernan;

Fiachra - Irish name meaning "Teeth"

[Many Irish names start with C :(

Cormac, Ciaran/Kieran, Cathal, Conor, Conn, Conchobar ...]

Girls:

Fionnuala/Nuala (Finola) - Irish name meaning "Fair Shoulder'd"

Orlaith (Orla); Maire (pronounced "Mora" for girls, and wirhe for the mother of Jesus); Grainne; Catriona (Kate); Una; Aisling; Eilis; Aileen/Eileen/Ellen;

davef
Jill, you are hysterical! :T Nice chatting with ya! :D

Congratulations!! Here are some Irish names for you, any vowel with an accent (fada) is elongated when pronounced.

Aodhán (AW Dawn) Aidan

Dáire (DAW reh) Darragh/Dara

Diarmaid (DEER mid) Dermot

Domhnall (DUN nal) Donál/Donal/Daniel

Donnchadh (DUN a kha) Donnacha; Donncha, Dennis

Éamonn (AY mun) Eamon

Rónán (RO nawn) Ronan

Ultán (UL tawn) Ultan

gettingby

*It has to be at least two syllables

*If you're also suggesting a middle name, you must yell it really loudly and see if it would sound good being yelled down the street come dinnertime :T

QUOTE]

Sheesh..........Tell the woman she is having another boy and she starts asking for everything. J/K Rikki. :rofl:

I'll think on some baby names and get back to you. :)

princesslinda

I love the name "Aiden." How about "Aiden Seth" or "Aiden Daniel?" I have a good friend who named her son "Keagan Riley" which also has a good ring to it. There's also "Liam" or "Finn," if you're into the Hollywood names.

lewsterr

Congratulations, Rikki. I have always liked the name 'Hunter'. It is unique and, needless to say, quite masculine. I have one son. He told us at a very young age that he didn't want any siblings. He liked being the only child. I often wonder why I ever listened to him :confused:

Penny

When my daughter was born, I did not know one person named Kimberly, when she started kindergarten, there were 9 little girls with the same name in 2 classes. The same has happened with granddaughters Shannon, Katie, Jessie and Emily and grandsons Matthew,Jake and Andrew. If you want it to be real uncommon, you need to dig deep and make sure it isn't just a trendy name. Since I have been doing genealogy, I wish I had started it before I had children, there are many names we do not hear much anymore. You might look into family histories and see if there are names you like. The strangest name in my family (one I would not have used) is Achilles and you wouldn't believe the spelling of some common ones.

mell1682
The strangest name in my family (one I would not have used) is Achilles and you wouldn't believe the spelling of some common ones.

I swear I was just coming here to say that is the weirdest name in MY family...my cousin's sons name is Achilles and I haven't heard that name often used. My other cousin has a daughter named Arabella, another name I rarely hear. I have a best friend who has a son named Shean, pronounced like Sheen. I HATED the naming my children process lol, my oldest daughter did not have an official name until she was 3 days old and I got away with it cuz we were in the NICU for 9 days. :D

Penny
I swear I was just coming here to say that is the weirdest name in MY family...my cousin's sons name is Achilles and I haven't heard that name often used. My other cousin has a daughter named Arabella, another name I rarely hear. I have a best friend who has a son named Shean, pronounced like Sheen. I HATED the naming my children process lol, my oldest daughter did not have an official name until she was 3 days old and I got away with it cuz we were in the NICU for 9 days. :D

Our Achilles was my grandfather's greatgrandfather. I keep trying to imagine what the guys called him when they were playing in the old sandlot. :D My son was not named until he was 4 days old either for the same reason, his Dad went behind my back and named him, because we were not agreeing.

mell1682
Our Achilles was my grandfather's greatgrandfather. I keep trying to imagine what the guys called him when they were playing in the old sandlot. :D My son was not named until he was 4 days old either for the same reason, his Dad went behind my back and named him, because we were not agreeing.

I will never know why my cousin named him Achilles and I don't think that she has any nicknames or anything. It was kind of neat how Danielle finally got her name (I was harassed by the NICU nurses lol). "Danielle" was the only name I starred in the name book and it means "God is my Judge". The very first nurse who took her back to the NICU after noticing she was turning blue was also named Danielle....it just took me 3 days to be OKAY with it lol. I had a hard time cuz I was named Mellissa and it was one of the most popular names BUT my mom misspelled it so I've gone through life telling the DMV that I KNOW it's spelled right (I've even had to go back and get a new ID cuz they spelled it wrong!)...oh the joys of having a very common name with a not so common (though becoming more-so) way to spell it. I swore my children were going to be able to find their names on school supplies! lol

Keezheekoni
My son was not named until he was 4 days old either for the same reason, his Dad went behind my back and named him, because we were not agreeing.

Now see, I don't know how that happens. In the two states I've birthed children in, the birth certificate form was given to me to fill out, I spelled the child's name, and I signed it. No where was the dad told/allowed to sign it. :dontknow:

I swore my children were going to be able to find their names on school supplies! lol

That's so funny! Only two of my kids are able to get readily-made school supplies with their names on them. My MIL's name is a common name (for the time) but spelled differently than all the others... her name is Shiela. It's mostly spelled Sheila. Her mom says it's because she follows the rule "i before e except after c". :lmao:

mell1682
Now see, I don't know how that happens. In the two states I've birthed children in, the birth certificate form was given to me to fill out, I spelled the child's name, and I signed it. No where was the dad told/allowed to sign it. :dontknow:

That's so funny! Only two of my kids are able to get readily-made school supplies with their names on them. My MIL's name is a common name (for the time) but spelled differently than all the others... her name is Shiela. It's mostly spelled Sheila. Her mom says it's because she follows the rule "i before e except after c". :lmao:

Come to think of it, in Colorado I didn't have to have their dad sign it either so naming was all up to ME. Lol. :) I'm glad to cuz he'd have spelled it all wrong! :laugh:

Penny

:

I don't remember a lot about it as I was pretty sick for several days after his birth. I know there was a lady who kept coming to my room and wanting me fill out the birth papers and name him. I would say something about I needed to wait for Pat before I made a decision. Then one day he came into the room and said he just filled in the papers and Tim was named. I wanted Brian, which turned out to be a much used name too, but I did not want Timothy, mainly because we already had Kim. Turned out OK, we call him Joe. :D

palefacegirl03

Congratulations.

I am not good with boy names. I have one boy and he got stuck with his grand father and fathers name combo and it is alot of work to yell out "Jesse Scott Malcom Leonard " when I am mad at him. His dad choose all of that.

He is 22 now and some call him Scotty and others call him Jesse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.