Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freckles

Hello!

freckles

Hi! I am new here and am basically looking for a way to connect with other diabetic women/ hopeful mothers. I have been type 2 for quite awhile, probably for over 20 years. I am 37, which I know is high risk on it's own. My HA1C has hovered around 6.0 for years but I get sugar spikes after I eat. Just as an example after eating a 6 in subway sandwich, my blood sugar level was over 220. I haven't been regulating too carefully but my husband and I want to start trying to get pregnant soon. I'm going to try to get this under control and start trying in the next few months.

I'm also vegetarian, which I know is hard, because many of my protein sources include high carbs, too.

I have a few general questions... What should I aim for before I start trying? I have heard that I need to get my sugar levels under "tight control" but what does that mean?

Also, finally- does anyone know of a good endocrinologist in the Chicago land area? I'm currently going to one, but I don't feel a connection and she said she would get back to me and hasn't for over 2 weeks. I'm just looking for someone I connect with and know is good. It's so hard to get doctor recommendations, I don't really know where to look.

Thanks for any advice!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.