Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweetlife

We are trying something else right now

sweetlife

But with Insulin only let me underline this first.

It is Ayurveda medicine and in a powder form,this I started giving to my daughter since last 15 days or so and on first glance results look good.Her TDD droped from 60-61 to 54 units and I am told real effects will be visible after 30 days.

This is just on trial basis,I shall post full information on this medicine if results are good after 1 month i.e 15 days from now.

Makers of this claim that those who are using this find very good responce,1 patient stopped taking insulin(his diabetes cured) and 13 others reduced their insulin dose by 21-30%,nothing changed in 7-8 patients-reasons unknown why they did not respond to this.

Give me sometime,if all go well I shall post full information here in this thread.

By the way I informed Subby the day she started taking this new therapy,reason why I not posted in open was I was not sure how this will work out or it may create a bad impression among other kids who are currently keen on reducing thier blood sugar and reading posts in forum-in short my intention was first to test it on my daughter and if it passes the test,let others know about this.

Wait for 15 days.........

Cheers.

fgummett

Interesting... I wasn't sure what Ayurveda means so I found this... Ayurveda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you have any idea specifically what is in the powder that you are trying..?

You mention a reduced TDD, so how are your daughters BG levels?

It sounds as if your are being careful for your daughter... which I think is the main thing :)

UpNorth

Diabetes can't be cured, at least not with a powder, but i guess that patient who could quit insulin was a t2 who gained better control and could quit insulin because of that. But for T1 insulin is forever. But it's good to hear your daughter is doing well on this trial anyways :)

mortis505

Have you changed her diet as well? While I doubt the claims from some websites that this will be a cure, I DO wish you luck with getting better control.

sweetlife

Upnorth I as a daddy wants to see how correct the claim is,they say 14 years boy who was on insulin now perfectly okay,see I too don't belive in such claims but when this medicine made from all natural substanse why not try it?Wait for few days will surely post the outcome.

Diabetes can't be cured, at least not with a powder, but i guess that patient who could quit insulin was a t2 who gained better control and could quit insulin because of that. But for T1 insulin is forever. But it's good to hear your daughter is doing well on this trial anyways :)

To be honest she is having holidays for next 4 days,today after a long time ate Ice cream s/w-vanila icecream packed between two chocolate layers-then she had her meal,I checked her BS after 2.5 hrs and it was 157,here she took 8 units of Humalog.This I initially did not want to post but when you asked me I am telling what she ate,for us something is really working inside her.I again say I shall post all details once 30 days are over.

Have you changed her diet as well? While I doubt the claims from some websites that this will be a cure, I DO wish you luck with getting better control.

sweetlife

The ingredients inside powder are,

per 100 grams

Latin name = Sanskrit(Ancient Indian language)name

Gymnema Sylvestre = Madhunashini Leaves 21.5 Gr.

Trigonella Foenum Graecum= Methi Beej 4gr.

Casearua Esculenta=Saptachakra Root 6.5gr.

Eugenia Jamolana= Jambul Beej 4gr.

Mamordica Charantia=Karela Beej 4gr.

Pterocarpus Marsupium=Bibala Chhal 45gr.

Curcuma Longa=Haldi Powder 5gr.

Emblica Officinalis=Amla Fruit Powder 10gr.

All details I have typed here which is visible on the box.

Chhal means Layer of fruit or tree and Beej means seed.

Interesting... I wasn't sure what Ayurveda means so I found this... Ayurveda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you have any idea specifically what is in the powder that you are trying..?

You mention a reduced TDD, so how are your daughters BG levels?

It sounds as if your are being careful for your daughter... which I think is the main thing :)

fgummett

Thanks for the list of ingredients. I'm trying to keep an open mind as I know that Indian culture and medicine is one of the most ancient and yet still current in the World.

I found this... please don't think that I naively accept everything in Wiki as fact but it is a place to start any investigation... Gymnema sylvestre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gymnema sylvestre R.Br. is a herb native to the tropical forests of southern and central India where it has been used as a naturopathic treatment for diabetes for nearly two millennia
and just to add some "Western science" to the mix... although this relates to someone with functioning Beta cells...
OSA, a water-soluble extract of GS, caused reversible increases in intracellular calcium and insulin secretion in mouse and human β-cells when used at a concentration (0.125 mg/ml) that did not compromise cell viability. These data suggest that extracts derived from GS may be useful as therapeutic agents for the stimulation of insulin secretion in individuals with T2DM.

Stimulation of insulin secretion by an aqueous extract of Gymnema sylvestre: role of intracellular calcium

Again, I urge caution AND a systematic approach to testing... also as a Daddy I know I don't need to remind you just how precious any child is :)

sweetlife

yes buddy I agree,she takes her routine dose of Insulin and this new medicine is a suppliment type.For me she like other part of my soul/body,thanks for caring her may God bless you and yours.

Again, I urge caution AND a systematic approach to testing... also as a Daddy I know I don't need to remind you just how precious any child is

mortis505

All I ask is that you continue to monitor her blood sugars. if things dont get any better or start to get worse, please discontinue use of this alternative.

Caravaggio

Sweetlife, I trust that you have researched the ingredients. Even if they are natural in origin, some may have ill effects on one's body (whether because of too much dosage, or by way of interaction with other ingredients). Just be careful. Good luck on your efforts to make your daughter better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.