Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xapbap

Anyone else dropping weight on Janumet

xapbap

Hi!

I started Janumet before Thanksgiving 2008 and lost about 15 pounds. Has anyone else had this experience?

The combination kills my appetite and has that "lovely" Metformin side effect of gas/diarrhea if I eat too many carbs. Lately I am on Glipizide, too, and that has curbed this effect pretty nicely.

There hasn't been too much discussion about Janumet and I would like to hear from others about their experiences.

Thanks!

Pat

Bunnie1956

[i now take actos 15mg 1 x a day and metformin 500 mg 2x a day..my sugar stays a little high and I've been on weight watchers now for 6 months...and it has been a struggle to lose 10 lbs...it's just not working for me...my daughter says I need to do the low cab diet but I think my meds need to be changed...can anyone tell me a good diabetic drug to take?

Ed B

Bunnie

I spoke to my doctor about your medicine combination this past Tuesday. I am taking ActoPlus Met which has the same meds you are taking rolled into the same pill.

Actos is known to cause weight gain. Meformin is known to either help with weight lose or be weight neutral. That is one reason why these two medicines are perscribed together.... to be weight neutral.

You might ask you doctor about dropping the Actos and trying only Metformin for a while. Just a thought.

foxl

I am on actosplusmet and seem to have plateaued after losing about 25 lb; what is more, my BS is higher over this week by about 15 - 20 % ... with major DP (higher in mornings) so I have wondered about Januvia, since it is supposed to suppress liver production of glucose (gluconeogenesis).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.