Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IansMommy

desperate for ideas

IansMommy

hello, my son is two years old and we just got his insulin pump today, i am in need of ideas of what to do with the pump while he sleeps tonight, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

xMenace

Throw it down by his feet or off to the side. I'd keep the tubing away from his hands. Otherwise, there's no big worry. They'll take a beating.

ProudMOM

My son always wears boxer shorts with pockets or pajama bottoms with pockets. You can then sew velcro onto the pockets and keep the pump contained. Hope this helps.

Mich

I'd make a comfy, stretchy elastic band with snappable pocket on it. Find a place (back of arm, Front of thigh just above knee?) where he felt comfortable with it and coil extra tubing up in pocket with pump. Some parents of very young children prefer the "out of sight, out of mind" method of a tiny backpack, but it doesn't work well at night.

Check out the Children With Diabetes page.

Mich

momofT1

they make pajamas specifically for pumpers who are little like your kiddo. Also, they make backpacks and stuffed animals as well. But for tonight, my son (15 yr old type 1) said it depends on if he's in a crib or bed? If it's a crib just lay it on the mattress but make sure the site is well taped. If it's a bed, where he could potentially get up and move around this won't work but don't worry they stay in pretty well. try clipping it to his jammies on the chest.

You might want to sleep in the same room until you're comfortable with how nights will go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.