Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psaysofavril

Great Diabetic Foot lotion recipe

Jan B

I don't doubt this helps, but you still need to scrub off the dead tissue. If I only used this mixture, and didn't get the dead stuff off, it would never work. And there's no way you will "wake up" with soft feet after one treatment . . . unless your feet weren't that bad to begin with!

foxl

I use cocoa butter, myself.

But, has anyone ever heard Vicks vapo-rub kills foot fungus? Or slows its growth? It's mostly Vaseline, too ...

kmac

But, has anyone ever heard Vicks vapo-rub kills foot fungus? Or slows its growth?

I haven't heard that but I have heard that Tea Tree Oil is good for that.

Kathi

foxl

Yes I have a friend who swears by tea tree oil. It is toxic in some applications (like if you swallow it) and having littles kids and marauding cats, I have yet to try it.

Barberian

as for the foot fungus ~ vapor rub. I use Selsun Blue shampoo on my head, which obviously runs over my feet as I rinse. As long as I use the selsun every day, I don't need to use anything on my feet. If I switch to another shampoo for whatever reason, my feet get bad quickly with foot fungus. Selsun has menthol and eucalyptus(?).

foxl
as for the foot fungus ~ vapor rub. I use Selsun Blue shampoo on my head, which obviously runs over my feet as I rinse. As long as I use the selsun every day, I don't need to use anything on my feet. If I switch to another shampoo for whatever reason, my feet get bad quickly with foot fungus. Selsun has menthol and eucalyptus(?).

And more notably, selinium sulfate. I noticed the menthol though ... suspect it is "psychological additive," though, perhaps NOT? They advertise that many of these anti-dandruff products "tingle" so you know they are working. Bwa-ha.

notme

Vaseline and a pair of socks is all I have ever needed to keep my feet soft. I do use a pumice stone on my heels in the summer. Put the vaseline on your feet before the dampness of your shower or bath has worn off and put on a pair of clean dry socks. Your feet will feel as soft as a baby's butt. :reddy::D

Lizzie G

i didnt even look at the link, but its a first time post and advertising....go figure. i do find the whole 'diabetic foot cream' thing remarkably offensive to be honest. i young , healthy, happen to have diabetes, and yes i need to take care of my extremities, but it's totally offensive to advertise a 'diabetic foot cream'. diabetes does not equal bad feet, and if it does happen to cause some problems, well, we talk to a podiatrist and our friends on the forum for advice on how to manage...right?

Marcia K in Fl

Wow!

I like the post and wrote down the recipe-as a woman I love lotions and such and the idea of making one to my sense of smell sounds fantastic. I thought she was just sharing a good thing. How can someone see this as an advertisement-it was free info on the web. Maybe I am missing something.

I have used vaporub on my feet and it works like a charm with a clean sock and sneakers. In the evening my feet are soft as can be.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.