Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jps

A benefit of exercise?

jps

Since I've picked up the exercise the past couple months, specifically cardio, I've noticed that I have very deep sleeps. I really don't think it is in my head. And it's not because I'm dead exhausted from the exercise. I feel great when I go to bed, fall asleep very easily, go into a deep, uninterrupted sleep, and wake up completely refreshed. And I've noticed I require a lot less sleep too. I try to get more, but I usually get about 6.5 hours per night. And I jump out of bed without groginess at all and get on with the day. Also, and this is probably because of weight loss - my girl says I no longer snore, I sleep as quiet as a mouse.

Does exercise induce deeper sleeps?

A_Darling

well, the simple answer is "Yes". Exercising breaks down your body so you need good sleep to re-build during the night. The mental aspects are from the chemicals released during/after exercise, basically a natural high that will overall "balance" your mood.

If you're getting good un-aided sleep then you're doing something right.

foxl

Absolutely! A definite benefit.

Unless, of course, you have a nightly performance of Cirque du Soleil in your bed like I do ... 4 cats, three kids, seem to circulate through -- UGH!

dr.sweet

thanks for my p.e teacher i could say yes! sleeping is one of the best benefits of exircising so don't be scared , besides it's is a very good thing to slep like this .

bigbob9696

I have been monitoring my BG when I exercise. I have noted that I can knock of 60-120 points if I walk briskly for just 45 minutes to an hour. This usually will happen on a regular basis if my BG gets up into the 250+ range. However, today I took my BG and it was 119 (a good reading) before I walked. I was a little concerned about starting off at a count normally within range. But off I went with no apparent ill effects after the walk. However, when I took my BG reading after the walk, expecting that 60+ point drop, I was very surprised that it went down only 10 points. The question: Is their a point drop ratio as to how high the BG level is when you start the exercise and the final reading. That is, if I start at 250+, can I expect to see that 60-100 point drop as I have in the past or if I start at a much lower level, should I expect to see less of a point drop after the same amount of exercise? I would appreciate anybody's view, comments, medical expertise, or whatever. No, I don't have any money to loan and you can't borrow my car, but I will appreciate your replies. Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards, bob.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.