Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pumped

Best Prenatal Vitamin for T1 Pregnancy - T1 Moms, please help!

Pumped

My husband and I have been planning out our pregnancy for a very long time, trying to make sure we minimize all risks etc. Anyway, we went for our Ob-Gyn appt to confirm that we were okay to go ahead, and we were. My doc prescribed a prenatal vitamin Tandem DHA. I am concerned that it does not seem to have the broad spectrum of vitamins in it, just the basics - folic acid, DHA, iron, vit C& vit B.

- I'm also hypothyroid, which I understand is common in T1 diabetics. I read research somewhere where it's important for pregnant hypothyroid mothers to have iodine as part of the supplement.

- My previous regimen of OTC prenatals with a omega supplement also got me my daily ALA (alpha linolenic acid) which is important for BG control. This one doesn't.

So wanted to ask all the other T1 moms/moms-to-be if you had any recommendations on the best prenatal available (OTC/prescription, either's fine) for a T1, hypothyroid planning-to-be-mom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.