Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

notme

Low Carb Daily Diet.....

soso

breakfast was not very low carb, 40ish g carb and took 5 u in 3 shots, which worked remarkably well...

lunch salad greens with strawbs and mayo a few roasted pumpkin seeds and a few slices of smoked brisket 3o g bar of lindt cuppa tea

dinner ground pork fried crispy .. in sep pan onion garlic carrots fried till browned.. a bit of LC spag sauce added a few frozen peas then mixed with the pork and served over broccoli... some zero lc yog for dessert..

no blood sugar woes today...

matingara
ok.

one piece low carb burgens bread (8.5g) toasted. spread with real butter.

topped with several slices of NZ Mainland Aged Cheddar. then topped with 2 hardboiled eggs (still warm) sliced in half. then covered with several thin slices of Kulen Croation Garlic sausage.

squeeze on top of this some full-fat kraft thousand island dressing (about a table spoon).

eat with knife and fork.

this was experimental - and gosh it was good... :)

:)

-- Joel.

before lunch i was at 4.4 (79). took 4u of NR well before this yummy lunch. expected very good insulin coverage.

instead, i am at 7.6 (136) two hours after!!! i guess even the low carb toast at lunch time PLUS insulin is still risky.

:)

-- Joel.

kgm0612

Breakfast this morning consisted of the following.

Coffee with light cream and 1-1/2 packets of Equal

1 slice toasted light wheat bread (my store brand.....9g carbs) with I can't Believe It's Not Butter spray.

I was 63 before eating, estimated this breakfast to be under 15g of carbs, and tested at 63 again two hours later.

I'll have a half of a gala apple (no bolus) and that will hold me until lunch at noon.

Karen

notme
Very creative Joel.

Tonight for dinner I made our favorite portabello mushroom burgers. We normally have it on whole wheat hamburger buns, but when I checked the carbs I fainted. Marinated in BBQ sauce that was mostly cooked off, topped with mozzarella cheese melted on top. I had mine open faced so about 15 carbs. Fresh green beans.

My blood sugar was 64 before dinner. Low all day.

Blood sugar two hours after this meal was 98. My morning fasting blood sugar is 54. I did not treat as my coffee will raise my blood sugar into the 90 range. This is actually optimal for me, but I know that waking with a fasting in the 50's is risky.

I can't thank Joel, shottlebop, subby and all the others that are posting their meals. This helps me get ideas. I am very lucky that my husband is on board with our vast diet changes in the past six months. He has stuck with me and it is definitely helpful. Thanks honey! :dancing:

Please keep those ideas coming.

foxl
Blood sugar two hours after this meal was 98. My morning fasting blood sugar is 54. I did not treat as my coffee will raise my blood sugar into the 90 range. This is actually optimal for me, but I know that waking with a fasting in the 50's is risky.

I can't thank Joel, shottlebop, subby and all the others that are posting their meals. This helps me get ideas. I am very lucky that my husband is on board with our vast diet changes in the past six months. He has stuck with me and it is definitely helpful. Thanks honey! :dancing:

Please keep those ideas coming.

GORGEOUS NUMBERS -- wow!

notme

Lab rat that I am these days, I am trying to figure out the raise in blood sugar with my beloved yogurt. My blood sugar jumped from 54 to 115 with just coffee and cream!!! So.... I have decided to eat only my FAGE yogurt with berries and Splenda this morning. I will see if it is the yogurt or the flourless bread that is causing my blood sugar to climb so dramatically. I bought some more 2% to play with also.

Lord, I really feel like a lab experiment. :eek:

foxl
Lab rat that I am these days, I am trying to figure out the raise in blood sugar with my beloved yogurt. My blood sugar jumped from 54 to 115 with just coffee and cream!!! So.... I have decided to eat only my FAGE yogurt with berries and Splenda this morning. I will see if it is the yogurt or the flourless bread that is causing my blood sugar to climb so dramatically. I bought some more 2% to play with also.

Lord, I really feel like a lab experiment. :eek:

Nancy also see that thread about blood sugar goes up after eating ...

notme

I am so sad. It is the yogurt. 184 two hours after only the yogurt. I am so bummed. I loved it. I wonder what is up with this? Nothing but a couple of blackberries/blueberries about five each and Splenda. I may try it tomorrow without the splenda. I didn't have this problem before I started using it.

bummer..... :mad:

foxl
I am so sad. It is the yogurt. 184 two hours after only the yogurt. I am so bummed. I loved it. I wonder what is up with this? Nothing but a couple of blackberries/blueberries about five each and Splenda. I may try it tomorrow without the splenda. I didn't have this problem before I started using it.

bummer..... :mad:

That is so odd, Nancy -- I eat it all the time -- 1/2 cup at a time -- and never have seen a blip. Just goes to prove out, YMMV.

I wonder if you have some novel, "Splendase" enzyme that digests Splenda?! lol.

If you rule out splenda, you might also try: cottage cheese, same fruit

? make your own (from, say Dannon plain yogurt?).

notme
That is so odd, Nancy -- I eat it all the time -- 1/2 cup at a time -- and never have seen a blip. Just goes to prove out, YMMV.

I wonder if you have some novel, "Splendase" enzyme that digests Splenda?! lol.

If you rule out splenda, you might also try: cottage cheese, same fruit

? make your own (from, say Dannon plain yogurt?).

I just find this so odd foxl as the first few days there was barely a noticeable difference in my blood sugar. The morning I used the 2% was the first indication that something was up. I am really bummed. I am going to try one more time tomorrow (without the splenda) and then can my yogurt if my blood sugar spikes again. I could make adjustments in my insulin for it, but the whole purpose is for me to use less insulin.

I am going to go get some cottage cheese today.

foxl
I just find this so odd foxl as the first few days there was barely a noticeable difference in my blood sugar. The morning I used the 2% was the first indication that something was up. I am really bummed. I am going to try one more time tomorrow (without the splenda) and then can my yogurt if my blood sugar spikes again. I could make adjustments in my insulin for it, but the whole purpose is for me to use less insulin.

I am going to go get some cottage cheese today.

Check the carbs. I have found that within my preferred brand, at least, the full fat version has 1/3 the carbs. (they really taste equally good, I would automatically buy the lower-fat one.

ShottleBop

One of my favorite restaurants had a blackened steak salad lunch special, today (steak, greens, chives, cheese, a couple of tomato slices, avocado, and corn). I asked for it without the corn, and dressed it with olive oil. It was great; I told them it should be on the menu permanently.

That, and a half-square of baker's chocolate, was lunch.

PrettynPurple
I think you just described tomorrow's breakfast for me ... ooooooooohweeee!

yummmm add a dash or 2 or 3 of cinnamon, yummmmmmmm

ShottleBop

Was picking up Mrs. ShottleBop after surgery this evening, so ate on the run: a packet of walnuts, two squares of Ghirardelli's 100% cacao, and a small bag of pork rinds. Later, at home, I added a chicken chipotle sausage and a slice of Swiss cheese.

notme

I got back on track after my bad start this morning. Before lunch my blood sugar was in the 50's again, and 107 before dinner.

Dinner tonight was terrible. My husband (thinking he was being nice) made deep fried shrimp. When I came home he was very proud of himself. I ate three of them and I am sure I will pay for the breading. I also had some terrible, bitter summer squash. YUCK. Tomorrow is another day.

PrettynPurple

I tried that fage greek yogurt this morning, added 1/2 tsp honey, had the 2%, i am guessing with the honey i was at 13/15 carbs and I was 107 before eating, it was the only thing I ate and 2 hrs later I am at 138 (which I suppose isn't all that bad). The whole foods by my house only had 2% and 0% fat, gonna stop by the bigger whole foods by work and see if they have the whole fat.

kgm0612

Breakfast this morning consisted of 1 slice toasted light wheat bread with peanut butter. I was 114 before and 97 two hours later.

ShottleBop

Lunch today: 1 sunburst (patty pan) squash, eaten raw. Then a microwave variation of lox, eggs, and onion: mixed, in a microwave-safe bowl: three eggs, half a can of pink salmon (wild, from Trader Joe's), and some diced onion. Added some seasoning. Nuked it for two and a half minutes. Topped it with chili paste (Fuy Hung brand). It was good. Then I had six blackberries and maybe an eighth of a cup of walnuts from the farmer's market.

foxl

My post-exercise shake, last night:

1 T benefiber

1 scoop vanilla whey powder

2 T flax meal

2 T walnuts

3 ice cubes

1 c light soy milk

VaVOOM!

It Ain't Over

I guess I am the dull one here, and that does not surprise.

Morning- 3 oz sausage, 2 oz Sharp Chedder

Lunch- 3 oz sliced ham 3 oz Sharo Chedder, three large celery sticks with a tbls of peanut butter.

Dinner- BBQ hamburger 6 oz, green salad with Caeser Salad dressing and cooked broccoli.

That was yestersday. Today I might change up a little and have cooked spinach for dinner.

Great eating huh?

notme

I don't think you are so dull IAO, your meals sounded pretty good. (cept for the meat part)

That shake sounds good Linda. I would drink that!

However, I am going to live at Shottlebop's house and let him cook for me! ;)

Today I had my greek yogurt again. No Splenda. I also had my flourless toast and guess what??? My blood sugar at lunch was 79. Now I am just flat confused.

For lunch I had cottage cheese (2%) hard boiled egg, went to the farmers market this morning and got kiwi and fresh peaches. Had 1/2 kiwi and fresh peach small and delicious!!!! My blood sugar 2 hours later is 54. Ate a square of dark chocolate.

So.... I am going to weigh myself on Saturday and see if there is any weight loss. If there isn't...... I am gonna be mad!

Oh...interesting thing. I think it was Joel that said he ate kiwis (fuzzy skin and all). I decided to try it. hmmmm it was good. You do want to cut off the top and the bottom and not eat the fuzzy skin near the stem, it is a bit too fuzzy. Really was delicious to eat the entire thing. Who knew? Well, besides Joel.

ShottleBop

Dinner:

Grilled chicken breast (countertop mini-George Foreman grill) over broccoli slaw stirfried with almonds in olive oil. 1/2 square of unsweetened baker's chocolate and a single spoonful of brown-sugar flavored Hagen Daz "Five" ice cream (a line of ice creams that have only five ingredients--in this case, milk, sugar, cream, eggs, and brown sugar). It's a very rare departure from my normal regime, the third time I've had commercial ice cream in the past six months. (Last fall, I had a spoonful of pumpkin pie ice cream, and I had some at a family birthday party a few months ago.)

BG after an hour and a half was 109. Then I rode my bike for half an hour.

notme

Small piece of marinated Turbot. Grilled in the husk corn on the cob. You heard it right.... :eek:

Blood sugar 65 before dinner and 109 after dinner. Guess the corn didn't hurt too badly.

CountYourselfIn

Just had a bigass donair - it was just a pita stuffed w/ meat. Mmmm. I dunno how many carbs are in in a pita, but my BG says it's cool.

Really should eat some veggies to compensate for the meat-fest.

foxl

Dinner last night: One fake chorizo, sliced, with 2 eggs and mess of shredded cheese, a bit of oregano then poured over it, to make a crude, quick omelet.

Last night's shake: whey powder, soy milk, plus 2 TBS Hershey's sugar-free syrup (erythritol-sweetened; does not seem to spike me!) and one oz of pecans! Trying to add ingredients to vary shake flavors and avoid burnout. I have also added cinnamon, or orange extract, a bit of fruit, nutmeg (like eggnog!), frozen blueberries ... but frankly the built-in flavoring is mild and not too burn-out-y.