Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jball

Successful pregnancy and a sigh of relief

jball

I joined this forum when I was about 20 weeks pregnant or so, because I was so nervous from all of the horror stories of Type I diabetics and pregnancy...my mom had given me a book she bought in 1985 when I was diagnosed about diabetic women and pregnancy and thank goodness almost none of the content is relevant any longer because it really scared us!! I found some extremely helpful posters and information on here that really helped ease my nerves about all of the potential complications, and I want to thank you all!

On June 9th at 6:47am, our daughter, Nora (6lbs, 2oz and 19 inches), was born via caesarean (she was breech) and everything has gone so well so far. Everyone is healthy and doing well...there were some concerns that arised from the biophysical profiles, which is why she was born at 37 weeks, 5 days. Breastfeeding is going very well, my incision has healed nicely and other than lacking some sleep, we are loving every minute of it!

I just wanted to post a note to thank everyone for all of the informative posts and information, whether they were answering my questions or others!! Good luck to all of the other pregnant ladies out there, I wish you the best!

Julie

Marcia K in Fl
Hidden

Welcome Nora!

We are glad to have you in this world. You have a very special mom who cares for you deeply! She worked extra hard while you were in her tummy and it paid off! A beautiful, average (YAH!) sized bundle of joy was the result!

WooHoo!:flowers::proud: :love:

Marcia K in Fl

Welcome Baby Nora!

We are so glad to have you in this world! Your arrival brings joy to many. I wish you a life full of love and happiness!

WooHoo!:flowers::dancing: :love: :girl:

Mothernature

Congrats on both ends. Diabetes is extremely hard to control during pregnancy (I had GD). The birth weight means you appeared to have superior control during your pregnancy!

Best to you and your family!

genie86333

Congratulations!

Welcome, little Nora! We're glad to know you & your mommy are doing well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.