Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zdooder

Kheezekhoni going to hospital today

zdooder

Rikki is on her way to the hospital for her induction today. Will post more later as there are further developments.

foxl
Rikki is on her way to the hospital for her induction today. Will post more later as there are further developments.

THANKS -- was wondering!

gettingby

Woot !!!!!!!!!!!! :D:party: :dancing2: :dancing:

Troy, you make sure they take wonderful care of our Rikki and baby. We love you all. :D

xMenace

It may have been delayed until tomorrow. At least that's how I read her notes on FB, not that that's always accurate. Sounds like the birthing center was too busy.

Marcia K in Fl

Rikki and Troy

Oh we are happy for you. Can't wait for the pictures!

I wish you a safe, happy delivery and a bundle of joy!:)

zdooder

Thanks guys... was a busy day, sorry I didn't post more updates "as they happened" and I'm sure Rikki will fill in in more detail, but...

Denis Quinlan was born 6/23 at 11:17pm, weighing 6lbs 10oz, and 20in long. He and mom are doing well, so far.

The long version...

Got there and they sort of talked her into getting an epidural and using pitocin to induce, which was okay. Epidural worked wonderfully on the third (!) try, but I'm so grateful that the anesthesiologist kept trying! After several hours with little progress, the baby started showing signs of stress (heart rate decelerations during contractions) so they started talking about C-sections. Mostly because Rikki's labors have always been short and fast, we felt that something must be wrong so we went ahead with the C-section. Turns out it was probably a good idea -- his cord was double-wrapped around his neck.

So... I need to get back to the hospital but I'll check in later.

Thanks to everyone for the positive vibes!

Troy

gettingby

Glad to hear he has finally made his entrance into the world and that both are doing well.

Rikki, I know you didn't want a c-section but it looks like everything came out well in the end.

Congrats to the entire family.

14.gif

lorilei

wow...it's actually great that she has had experiences delivering before, so that you could tell a c section might be called for...I love the name and can't wait to see the picts...congrats!

foxl

Welcome to the word Denis, and congratulations to Mom and Dad ... waiting on pix, and hope all is well!

Jan B
Mostly because Rikki's labors have always been short and fast, we felt that something must be wrong so we went ahead with the C-section. Turns out it was probably a good idea -- his cord was double-wrapped around his neck.

Troy

My heart skipped a beat when I read the last line. I'm HAPPY, HAPPY about the c-section. It's a great thing Rikki has birthing experience!

CONGRATULATIONS RIKKI, TROY, and family and WELCOME to the world, little precious Denis boy :)

mortis505

Welcome Denis, and congrats to Rikki, Troy and the rest of the family.

Let me know when I can bring over those onesies and the blanket.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.