Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NicHolzhauer

What is your blood sugar RIGHT NOW?

NicHolzhauer

Currently: 93 mg/dL

7 Day Avg: 102 mg/dL

14 Day Avg: 108 mg/dL

30 Day Avg: 108 mg/dL

60 Day Avg: 109 mg/dL

90 Day Avg: 114 mg/dL

How about you?

Granny Shanny

Exactly now I'm 122

I'm trying to get a handle on spikes today.

9:30 a.m. upon awakening 141 fbg

cottage cheese for breakfast with reg. coffee & creamer

1 hr. pp was 188!

2 hr. pp was 139

then I had two eggs for lunch and am now 122

Subby

I'm currently 6.4 / 115.

I can guarantee it won't be that in one neutral hour, it will likely be at least 1 / 24 mg/dl either way. MY BG simply does not like to stay still, until it either hypos out or hits around 9 / 160 mg/dl or higher, then it suddenly and annoyingly finds a real sense of rock solid stability. Or, I get to it first and bump it, which the pump helps a great deal to do. That's the way it's worked for me - almost always - the good zone is slippery like a greased speedbump, my BG level rolls away from it either way extremely easily. I have had a few days in my life where my BG suddenly found a real tendency to gravitate towards good numbers and not jump around or slide away, over the hours. The last time I remember that, was approximately 3 years ago for about 48 hours.

In 3 hours, given no food and no particular activity except light ones, my BG would be likely to be 2 or 3 / 50 mg/dl either way, likely up, but possibly down. Intervention in the form of food or a correction will likely be needed within 3 - 5 hours, I do so pretty often through the day.

That's about the basic scenario of how my body's basic BG stability (doesn't really) work. It's actually a big improvement on my MDI days, and includes benefits reaped from tested and programmed basal settings and other pump tricks.

Sometimes I have days where there's more of a sense of stability. Generally, I have a good chance to get through the day not seeing double figures (or 180+ mg/dl) now. Definitely not every day, but many days.

rak1978

154...just ate lunch. Recovering from my typical 10 am low.

Subby,

I feel for you that you have to struggle so much to keep yourself level. It can be so consuming. Imagine if you weren't so diligent in controlling it!

Rachel

rak1978
124 after eating Flax seed brownies all day

Okay, I keep hearing about these, but when I did a search, this was the only post that came up. Where do you get the recipe for these? I think it's time that I try them. :)

yannah

104, almost always fasting post PP I am around 104, I live around 104. the whole meter thing. I should just skip it. my body freaks out getting me to stay as high as 104 or getting me to 104. and then it just goes to sleep. yeap 104. all the time. nothing lower and usually don't spend much time much higher. diabetes, well, we seem to all have our own type. I wake 104, eat 15 bluberries, go to work where i run around on my feet for five hours straight, i get home, test, 104.

MCS
Okay, I keep hearing about these, but when I did a search, this was the only post that came up. Where do you get the recipe for these? I think it's time that I try them. :)

Flax Seed Brownies

Great with coffee in the morning

1 cup Flax Seed (whole)

1 cup Flax Meal

1 cup Buckwheat

1 cup Sunflower seeds

0.25 cup Sunflower oil

14 oz Prunes (no sugar added)

3 Green Bananas (resistant Starch)

1 cup Walnuts

3 eggs

1 cup Splenda

Blend in a blender on high the following items:

Bananas (3 Green unripe) Resistant Starches

eggs

Oil

slowly add 14 oz of Prunes,

This will form a thick paste, add 1/2 water or more as needed to blend transfer mixture to mixing bowl Fold in Flax seeds, Flax Meal, Sunflower seeds, Walnuts, then add the Buckwheat and Splenda. You can add Cin, and Vani if you like

Place in a 13-9 cake pan or larger depending on how thick you want them, bake for 25-30 minutes

To get the full effect of the resistant carbs of the bananas, let them cool before eating.

I barely get past 130 when eating them all day.

Serving 32

Calories 179

Carbs 16 grams

Good Fat 11 grams

Potassium 285

Protien 6 grams

Fiber 5 grams

rak1978

Very excited. Thank you!

One question though...I can't use the walnuts because my son is severely allergic to nuts. Have you ever made them without?

Are they essential?

NicHolzhauer: sorry, I know this has nothing to do with your original post. To make it relevant, my current bg reading is 154.

MCS

I don't think so, I would find another nut hes OK with or increase the Sunflower seeds or maybe pumpkin seeds. All are good for you.

Mothernature

114 fasting

122 post breakfast

142 Post lunch

160 1 hour after a snack.

Flew up and down stairs to bring these >140 numbers down and lowering carb intake immediately.

I am sick...

jenb

Those brownies sound great! Too many carbs for this girl though :( ; I try to stay at around 20 grams per meal, so 16 grams for a sneaky treat puts me too far over - boo hoo.

Jen

ShottleBop

99, where it's been for the past three hours, since an hour after lunch.

7-day average: 94

14-day: 97

30-day: 98

90-day: 99

mrdawebb

219 not so bad for being without Lantus or Novolin R for over two months. I haven't worked since January 2008 and no insurance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.