Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ligawab

Question on Yogurt

ligawab

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area. I'm sorry (in advance) if I'm posting this in the wrong area.

I love to have yogurt with my toast and peanut butter (unsweetened, unsalted) for breakfast. However there are so many different types of yogurt out there most of which are 'high' in sugar.

I decided to try Yoplait's Source 0% M.F yogurt today with my breakfast. However I found this yogurt to be 'sweeter' than other yogurts I've tried. Mind you I'm new to trying Splenda (which Yoplait's Source has).

Yoplait's Source 0% M.F has:

35 Calories

0g Fat

5g Carbohydrates

4g Sugar

4g Protein

Does Splenda typically make things taste 'sweeter' than say other sugars?

ligawab (life is good and we are blessed)

jenb

I find Splenda much sweeter than sugar use less than half the quantity if I'm substituting it for sugar in recipes.

Jen

poodlebone

I find that all artificially sweetened yogurts taste way too sweet. Why don't you buy plain, unsweetened yogurt and add whatever you want to it yourself? Greek yogurt, which is just yogurt that has been strained of much of the whey, is lower in carbs than regular yogurt. It is also thicker & creamier. I add fresh fruit and some Equal to mine, but you can use whatever sweetener you want or none at all. Even fat free Greek yogurt is very thick & creamy and doesn't taste fat free at all.

ligawab

Thank you Jen and Liz for your response. I think I'm going to try going with the 'plain' yogurt (maybe the greek one) and adding fruit to it.

ligawab (life is good and we are blessed)

xMenace

This is my favorite yogurt, the red one. Awesome stuff!

Astro - Our Products - Plain Yogourt

Nutrition Information

Per 175g serving 6.0% M.F.

Balkan Plain % DV

Calories 150

Fat 10 g 15 %

Saturated

+ Trans 6 g

0.3 g

32 %

Cholesterol 30 mg

Sodium 85 mg 4 %

Potassium 270 mg 8 %

Carbohydrate 10 g 3 %

Fibre 0 g 0 %

Sugars 4 g

Protein 6 g

Vitamin A 10 %

Vitamin C 0 %

Calcium 20 %

Iron 0 %

DV = Daily Value

flowerbabe68

I love the Greek yogurt with blueberries. My husband and I split a container. Occasionally have difficulty finding it but when I do, I buy lots to have on hand. It doesn't spike my bg,either.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.