Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Irish35

Hunger and Sleepy

Irish35

I have been SOOO hungry I could eat the House down-literally!There is no particular craving nor do I constantly stuff my Face..only hungry and wanna eat!I am sleepy too..so sleepy can barely keep my Eyes open!Not 100% positive,but there *is* a possibility I could be Pregnant.If I am,I'm 6 Weeks and 1 Day or 5 Weeks and 1 Day..My Periods are regular,but can't always predict when Ovulation will occur.I was high risk long before being DX Type II.I have a number of Spinal problems and my previous Gynecologist told me I would require Bed rest the last 2-3 Month's and a C-section due to Spine and having small Pelvis.If I am Pregnant it will be my first Pregnancy and I turn 37 this Year :eek:

Cloudedbrains

I'd say take a test - find out for sure - then go from there once you know :)

But any which way TAKE CARE of yourself too :D

Irish35

Cloudedbrains,

I talked with a Nurse Today who told me they wouldn't do a Pregnancy Test until 5 Weeks after missing a Period,which really doesn't make sense.She did tell me I could go to Dollar Store and buy a Pregnancy Test that costs a few Dollars! *Rolling Eyes*!I know a Woman that continued having Periods and learned she was 4-5 Months!She and her long term Partner FINALLY Married 1 Year ago..their oldest Son turned 14 3 Month's after Marrying,and she somehow discovered she was Pregnant.They now have a 6-1/2 Month old cutie Baby Boy!

rak1978

Those sound like pregnancy symptoms to me...although, I'm NOT pregnant and I'm hungry and tired all the time too.

It's not too early for you to take a home test. You may have to pay 10+$ for it, but I found out with a home test when I was only 3 wks preg. with the last one.

Good luck!

Irish35

Rak,

I don't EVER recall hunger like this..I was Anemic at 18-19,however the sleepiness didn't hold up to the sleepiness I feel now..I've been slightly teary Today too..if you found out on a Home Pregnancy Test at 3 Weeks,then surely I would at 6 Weeks and 1 Day or 5 Weeks and 1 Day..

rak1978

Yes, it's definitely not too early to test. That's very exciting!

Those really do sound like pregnancy symptoms. I was asleep by 8 or 9 on most nights with all 3 pregnancies and that was with a mid afternoon nap. There was NOTHING I could do to keep my eyes open.

And, yes, the hunger is out of control. I would wake up at midnight and absolutely have to eat or I could not go back to sleep.

Irish35

Rak,

I fell asleep fairly early last Night and slept all Night.A Friend called before 8:00 AM this Morning and woke me.It is now 10:31 AM,and I could go back to sleep,but NOT before I eat!I feel like stuffing my Face with Peanut Butter,Chocolate,Caramel Sauce,Almonds and Vanilla Ice Cream,yet can't!:(

rak1978

Maybe you should go to the drugstore instead. Aren't you dying to find out? I would be. I have no patience.

Ohana

I concur. A trip to the drugstore might help get your mind off of food. (and if you know, that is that much less stress on you, even if you don't think it is affecting you)

Irish35

Rak,

Yes I'm dying to find out,however,I don't have $10 for a Pregnancy Test,so until then I'll play the waiting Game!

rak1978

If I can offer some unsolicited advice...

Make sure your glucose levels are GREAT during this time of uncertainty. This is a very critical time (if you are pregnant) and bg control is essential.

standard bg requirements for pregnancy are...

under 100 fasting

80-100 before meals

under 140 1 hr after meals

under 120 2 hrs after meals

I'm sure the recommendations vary by doctor, but this is in the ballpark.

As you know, you would be considered high risk if you are pregnant. The sooner you get good pre-natal care, the better.

In light of your health and the health of your future baby (possibly?), it may be worth the money to buy a test. I know times are tough...I know a lot of people who have gotten tests at the dollar store.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.