Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

type2in NY

Anybody from upstate NY?

GretchO

nope, but I was born in Schenectady and lived there 'til I was 5, and still have family in Amsterdam...my grandparents lived in Schenectady too, so even though I didn't live there we visited very frequently and I spent a lot of summers there when I was growing up.

type2in NY

Thats cool, though....small world, we have been here about 5 yrs now.

Originally I'm from Hudson, NY (which is about 35-40 miles south and a bit east of Schenectady).

GeishaGirl

No, but visit several times a year :) Have family scattered all around the Troy/Albany area. I'm originally from upstate, which is why I don't have the Long Island accent now :)

type2in NY

My better half, Beth, is from Westfield NY. Grape growing area south of Buffalo. Her dad has lots of Concord grapes.

GretchO
Thats cool, though....small world, we have been here about 5 yrs now.

Originally I'm from Hudson, NY (which is about 35-40 miles south and a bit east of Schenectady).

even a smaller world...my Dad's family is from Hudson, spent lots of time there too when I was a kid. haven't been there in ages.

type2in NY
even a smaller world...my Dad's family is from Hudson, spent lots of time there too when I was a kid. haven't been there in ages.

HAHA!

Hudson has changed, its now an antique oriented town. Many NYC people came up and bought property and heavily invested in antiques.

Its a bit artsy fartsy for me these days but real estate really escalated in value there in the past 10-15 years.

The main street, Warren St, is almost exclusively antique shops or trendy boutiques and bistro/restaurants.

irishnproud2b

I missed you by 3 decades :D Born in Troy, moved to Schenectady (Consaul Rd) just before I turned 5 and moved up to Canastota (outside Syracuse) in my freshman year of high school. Been a looonnnggg time! Lived a lot of place since then!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.