Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jennah

Swine Flu, diabetes and Pregnancy

Jennah

I have recently quit working as a highschool teacher because I will certainly contract Swine Flu..

A friend of mine without diabtes or any other condition other than pregnancy recently spent 2 weeks in a serious condition in hospital with confirmed swineflu before getting worse and at 38 weeks early emergency c-section and bub is still in special care on breathing machines days later..

Does anyone know of any cases with pregnant diabetic women? Anyone have any experience??

ant hill

WHOA!!! Jennah :(, I hope that you will get better as this is serious Flu and to be pregnant, You must be on very tender hooks.

Get well. ;):)

Dis-N-Dat

The good news is that as a teacher you've been exposed to lots of flu throughout your career. The evidence is mounting directly attributing this to adult’s higher resistance to the swine flu.

The bad news is that children, because of their limited exposure due to their tender years are more susceptible. This is being proven now in the UK. And even worse news that there is some evidence that the flu can cause brain swelling in the fetus. I;m including a link to an article for you.

Scientists Fear Swine Flu Can Infect Brains of Unborn Babies - Infectious Disease - FOXNews.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.