Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shabbie

5 days and counting....

shabbie

5 days and still no prescribed insulin.....

its been almost a week since i turned off my pump, and opted for the 'no insulin unless i really need it' regimen.

so far its working, my pancreas has been well behaved and i only get bg's that refuse to come down from 7.9mmols when i eat more than 30grams within a couple of hours.

most of the time my bg's dont leave the comfy zone of 5.3 to 6.2 mmols. i believe that is considered to be 'normal' bg's for a non-D. my fasting bg's are invariably 5.5mmols.

any corrections ive taken have been about 1.5 units in any given day.

this morning my fasting bg was 5.9 which is a little higher than my normal one, but 2 hours after my breakfast smoothie bg's had come down nicely to 4.7mmols.

the 2 hours point was what i was looking for. up to now my bgs have been taking up to 4 hours to come back down, and i was hopeful that the pancreas would remember how it should work and kick in to proper function.

i suppose i could describe this like a young bird trying to take off, at first he would bump along flapping his wings until suddenly a gust of wind would lift him up in the air. i am still monitoring very often, but i remain quite calm and confident throughout.

hubby and i are seeing quite a bit of stress in our life at the moment as a result of a financial claim from his ex-wife. we are progressing very slowly through the British legal system. my bg's dont appear to have risen like i had expected. to compare...when i took my driving test last october my bg's shot up to 12-14 mmols and i was taking a raised basal until a couple of days after taking the test. so again it would appear that my body is normalising itself.

all in all, i really cant complain at all, i am really pleased and remain quite confident that i am seeing a long term effect here. my pancreas appears to have re-booted itself, and i'm still confident that this is all as a result of my choosing only alkaline or alkalizing foods. i've been eating this way since around july 1st and i would think that i will be choosing this way for the long term as well

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.