Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

preggo0221

bad headaches?

preggo0221

hey all

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and my endo and obstetrician already are ready to pull me off work in about a month or so...but now, I've started getting bad headaches that remind me of when I used to have high blood pressure...

I've looked online and I know in type 1, high blood pressure is a big possibility in pregnancies...why would I be starting this already at week 16 and not at week 20?

Asides from that, my sugars are ok (I've been under 10 for the past 2 months) and I've started excersising slowly (no more jogging...but I walk a bit) and I've cut down on my many naps...

Thanks for any advice :)

telizas

Yes. If you had high blood pressure before, it will get worse now. There's no magic number for when it will hit. You're not taking any blood pressure meds? Please be very careful with your blood pressure. If you're having headaches, you need to be laying down as much as possible.

I had a terrible time with my blood pressure while pregnant. Ugh. Its no fun. If your face gets puffy or the headaches get worse, get thee to the birth center ASAP.

Ask your Doc about methyldopa, its supposed to be safe for use during pregnancy.

GretchO

You should talk to your endo or OB/GYN about the possibility of the headaches being HBP related. I was on several blood pressure meds while pregnant (beta blockers are safe, though they can cause hypo-unawareness so you have to be very attentive to checking blood sugars). ACE-inhibitors (lisinopril, captopril, etc.) are a no-no during pregnancy and if breast feeding.

Please see a doc soon...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.