Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

armywifedance

Highs in the first few days...

armywifedance

My husband and I are trying to conceive and I've had my bloodsugars in the low-mid 100's for th past four months in preparation. I have been using the home ovulation kit that tells you what day is the very best to conceive on and yesterday and the day before were the days. My husband and I obviously tried our hardest. :o

Anyway, yesterday evening I started feeling very icky, but my bloodsugars were normal. I know it's way too soon to be having pregnancy symptoms for a "normal person" who doesn't have Diabetes... but what about me? The real concern is that my bloodsugar this afternoon was in the 300's, which is very scary for me. Could this mean I'm pregnant? Did any of you notice super high bloodsugars a few days after concieving??

mma2charlie

Sarah-

I did in fact experience high blood sugars once i found out i was pregnant, but the change was not as sudden as it sounds like it has been for you. stress can definitely cause your sugars to rise, so my only [unprofessional] advice at this point would be to stay calm, and not put pressure on yourself to get pregnant. the one thing you def DON'T want to do is drive your sugars up worrying or anticipating b/c high blood sugar does not make for safe conception! good luck!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.