Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jillrapp

Patient Assistance Programs

jillrapp

Hey All,

I've posted these before but we have a lot of new people that I think could benefit. Unfortunately, these links are good in the U.S. only. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I hope this helps!

If you are having trouble affording your medications please see the following links:

Eli Lilly - Lilly Cares - Glucagon, Humalog, Humalog 75/25, Humulin R, Humulin N, Humulin 50/50, Humulin 70/30

Lilly Cares

Novo Nordisk Inc. - Glucogen, Levemir, Novolog, Novolin R, Novolog Mix 70/30, Prandin

Novo Nordisk US Patient Assistance - Novo Nordisk US

Amylin Patient Assistance Program - Symlin, Byetta

Amylin Pharmaceuticals » Patient Assistance Program

Novartis Pharmaceuticals - Starlix Novartis

Patient Assistance Enrollment

Takeda Pharmaceuticals America - Actos, Actoplus Met

TPNA-Pharmaceutical Patient Assistance Program

Pfizer Inc. - Connection to Care - Glyset, Glucotrol, Glucotrol XL, GLynase, Micronase

https://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/ProgramList.aspx#2

Xubex Pharmaceutical - Amaryl, Diabeta, Glipizide, Metformin, Glucophage, Glucophage XR, Glucotrol, Glynase

Xubex Home

GlaxoSmithKline - Avandia, Avandamet, Avandaryl GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline: BridgestoAccess

Sanofi-Aventis Patient Assistance Program - Apidra, Lantus

Sanofi-aventis US researches, develops and brings to market new and innovative healthcare products and treatments for cardiovascular diseases, oncology, sleep disorder, thrombosis, allergy and respiratory illness, diabetes, central nervous system, in

seagull321

NeedyMeds is a clearinghouse for med-assistance programs. Not all meds are included so it is always good to call the pharmaceutical companies if you can't find yours.

Hope this helps.

Mary

NadiaYvette

For Lilly Cares and Novo Nordisk it requires some sort of consistent healthcare provider, which I lack and can't afford. Proof of income furthermore essentially imposes a year-long waiting period vastly in excess of the time to ketoacidosis.

I've only ever been able to cry poverty in the ICU after ketoacidosis. Similar issues have prevented my ever using these programs my entire post-onset life.

stinastina

Amlyn was taken over by Bristol Myers Squibb last year. The link is still forwarding for now but you may want to change it in case they decide it's been long enough. :)

Bamagal

Also remember if you are on Medicare Part D they will not accept you in these programs. I may have to drop my hubby's drug coverage so that the programs will accept him!

jwags

I don't think if you are in any type of Medicare they will accept you in these programs, not just Part D. I would be careful about cancelling his Part D. If you want to reinstate it in the future, you will be assessed a penalty for every month you went without it that gets added to your bill, forever.

Bamagal

jwags I am still doing research about this. They sure make it complicated!  I know about the penalty but his premium is pretty low right now so maybe that won't be a big factor. DH is also getting up there in age so he wouldn't have a larger premium for too long..lol...I've been calling him Old Fart for years and now he really is one.

I have found a foreign website that sells his most expensive prescription for 80$ a month, which we could swing..Now I need to see if it is legal etc.

Mysticalwaters1

Just FYI for Medicare gov program people My father is on Medicare so was always denied the savings card but now the patient assistance programs on these sites states if you are in the donut hole and make a certain amount can qualify and it's almost no cost. Which is a huge help!! My dad consistently gets into the donut hole in feb/March. Now if I can bet help with insurance and a decent paying job. Really sucks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.