Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonglo

Am I really still sick???

Moonglo

Or is my body just giving me a swift kick in the rear for not exercising while I was sick? I just finished 20 minutes of cardio dance (felt pretty intense to me, and I must've sweated off about three pounds, but then again I know I'm out of shape at the moment) and I feel lightheaded, and my ears are full of pressure and I have a headache. I'm about to check my bg, even though it is usually a little high right after I exercise... and it was 150 before, so I would be extremely surprised if I'm having a hypo.

I want so badly to get back into my groove, and I know tonight was the first real step... but what do I do about the fact that I feel like I'm never gonna get rid of these lingering head cold symptoms? I was a little afraid I was going to pass out before I got in the shower immediately after finishing.

Or, could it be that because my bg has been out of whack for several days, that I'm having to adjust all over again? If so, could this be expected to take a few days to go away again? I've never had to get back on the diabetes wagon before.

And I keep having to retype things because I can't seem to spell right now. Seriously, it has taken me about five minutes to type this, and usually this would take much less than a minute for me. I never have that problem. Ugh.

Sorry. Needed to get that out.

Caravaggio

Have you thought of doing a less intense cardio? If you were sick and has just recovered, you should take it easy. You do not need to make up for not exercising when you were sick. It's your body telling you to slow down. You should listen.

Subby

Good point. Walking daily for a week or two, 30 min to an hour is a good start, might be a great way to ease your body back into some health. You can modulate your pace or hills you walk on (or settings on treadmill) if you want to get a little challenge - but at Caravaggio says - foremost listen to your body and don't push it. That's what's worked for me in the past, where even 10 minutes of something more energetic would leave me stuffed.

SCC

Yes, you were/are sick! Be nice to yourself. Just try a long, slower walk to get your muscles to work a little bit. Each day do more and you will be back soon. Rushing it sets you up for getting really sick by making you sicker and have slower recovery times.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.