Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

italianmama

1st pregnancy on insulin, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

italianmama

Hello everyone!, :)

thank you for reading this.

i'm 23 and my hubs 38 i have 5 kids 2 step and 3 of ours and one on the way. I found out that i was type 2 tis year april.

and i just fond out 4 days ago that i'm almost 6 weeks pregnant.

my new obgyn put me on insulin and istill can't loer my blood sugar, andi'm trying to fallow a diet but it's hard have 5 kids and cooking and having picky little ones.

i'm so scared because @18 i had a miscarriage @19 had my daughter 4,@20 had my other daughter 3, and @21 had my son 2. and @22 had a miscarriage of twins, now all 5 pregnancys were birth control. and this time we weren't using BC and we weren't getting pregnant and then i lost 50 pounds and got pregnant, now i'm type 2 on insulin nuvlin R and nuvlin N and i cant seem to lower it and i'm scared

because i can't lose anotherone i rather have a real big baby then not one at all you know.

i'm sorry that i rambbled and most likely repeated myself lol

does anyone know what can help? or have advice :D thank you

sarahspins
my new obgyn put me on insulin

Get yourself to an Endo or perinatologist with experience treating diabetes during pregnancy ASAP. R and N are somewhat outdated... it's my opinion that MOST ob/gyn doctors don't even realize that because treating diabetes it isn't something they tend to specialize in... if they have to prescribe insulin, it's usually not for someone with pre-existing diabetes, and it happens late in their pregnancy, and they're usually only on it for a few weeks.

That said, it often takes a while to get insulin dosages figured out.. and part of the problem specifically with pregnancy is that your insulin requirements change often. You really need to get the training/education from someone who knows what they are doing to be able to manage this, relying on your ob/gyn to suggest/make changes for you is really not sufficient.

telizas

ditto Sarah

Even when I was with a high-risk OB (T2 and high blood pressure) I still had someone who specialized in diabetes working with me on just that. They need to be able to *teach* you how to adjust your doses. Insist you at least meet with a certified diabetic educator a couple of times, and a nutritionist as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.