Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

e||ement

weehoo! just got a BFP!

e||ement

so we've been trying on and off for a year (off for a few months after dx...) and i just got a BFP after being 2 days late. woohoo!!!

this is my third pregnancy (the first was a m/c at 12 weeks) so i'm especially nervous about NOW carrying a pregnancy with T1 and the associated risks.

my BS readings have been a little erratic and somewhat spikier than usual the past few weeks...i suppose i now know why. but it makes me nervous.

i have been taking prenatals for a long long time, and 5mg folic acid since march. hopefully that helps.

i have called my endo and will be seeing her soon (figures, she's on holidays right now.)

does anyone have any resources they would like to share...books, websites, etc...for pregnancy and T1?

thanks!

lorilei

i'm not at all sure what a BFP is..but from the looks of it...CONGRATULATIONS! Here's to super healthy mommy and baby..:)

Lyrehca

Hi Ellement,

Congratulations!

I am writing a book about pregnancy with pre-existing diabetes that will be out in early 2010. (This board won't let me list the URL, but the title is Balancing Pregnancy with Pre-Existing Diabetes: Healthy Mom, Healthy Baby and it will be published by Demos Medical Publishing in early 2010.)

For more insight about type 1 and pregnancy, check out the Diabetes Forums boards, those at Diabetic Mommy dot com, the pregnancy boards on TuDiabetes dot com and DiabetesSisters dot org, and sign up for the Yahoo groups Positive Diabetic Pregnancies and Pregnant Pumpers to find some kindred spirits.

I also blogged extensively about my experience being pregnant with type 1 diabetes at Managing the Sweetness Within (http://www.thesweetnesswithin.blogspot.com). My son is now 2.5 and was born healthy. It was a lot of work to maintain extremely tight blood sugar control, but it can definitely be done with the right support.

There are also a handful of other women who blogged or are blogging about their pregnancies with type 1--Bethany, from this board, in particular at Life As A Pregnant Diabetic, at Life as a Pregnant Diabetic (who just told me about this thread--thanks, B!), but others as well.

Good luck!

Lyrehca

e||ement

thank you Lyrehca!

i need as much information as i can get my hands on. i'm only 10 months into being diagnosed, so i'm still trying to figure things out.

my last pregnancy was great...(not including the actual birth!)...and aside from placenta previa that corrected itself at 37 weeks, i had no troubles or ill effects other than headaches. i didn't even have fatigue if you can believe it!

i'm hoping for the same this time around ;) well, except, the fatigue has already kicked in...but that could have something to do with trying to keep up with a hockey-obsessed 2-year-old. LOL.

anyway, thanks again. i had no idea there was so much information out there and available.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.