Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

e||ement

how often were/are you outside your target?

e||ement

how often were you/are you finding your BS outside of our targets? daily? weekly? never?

i'm outside my target more often than i would like...but i see my endo today so hopefully she can help me make necessary changes.

but every time i see a reading above 7 mmol/l i start to panic!

Katrina Stovold

Im outside my target every day!!! Overall my hba1c was good 6.8% during the first trimester, I cannot seem to get it lower!! I dont think ive ever had a perfect day within range all day long! Its a touchy thing this diabetes in pregnancy! doc said babies are very resilient and a high or low every now and then wont do a thing, just as long as its not all the time! They tell me not to correct my occassional highs as going from high to low makes the baby work extra hard! Best to keep sugars as stable as possible! Im 14 weeks now and baby looked perfect at 12 weeks. heart beat normal! Im just scared about my 19 week scan where they check EVERYTHING, heart lungs stomach etc. I have done and will continue to do my very best, its a challenge yes!! I used to cry and panic everytime I got a reading over 7 but I have learnt to relax, it will come down again....stress is worse for you and bub!!

Katrina Stovold
how often were you/are you finding your BS outside of our targets? daily? weekly? never?

i'm outside my target more often than i would like...but i see my endo today so hopefully she can help me make necessary changes.

Im outside my target every day!!! Overall my hba1c was good 6.8% during the first trimester, I cannot seem to get it lower!! I dont think ive ever had a perfect day within range all day long! Its a touchy thing this diabetes in pregnancy! doc said babies are very resilient and a high or low every now and then wont do a thing, just as long as its not all the time! They tell me not to correct my occassional highs as going from high to low makes the baby work extra hard! Best to keep sugars as stable as possible! Im 14 weeks now and baby looked perfect at 12 weeks. heart beat normal! Im just scared about my 19 week scan where they check EVERYTHING, heart lungs stomach etc. I have done and will continue to do my very best, its a challenge yes!! I used to cry and panic everytime I got a reading over 7 but I have learnt to relax, it will come down again....stress is worse for you and bub!!

e||ement

thanks, that makes me feel better.

my endo looked at my log on friday (first time i've seen her since i found out i am pregnant) and after seeing how many times i'm testing she said "you're panicking. stop it. you're only going to stress yourself out."

she said they are called "targets" for a reason...and we can only to our best to aim to be within them. it's unreasonable to expect to always be perfect, but not unreasonable to work towards perfection. (makes sense).

unfortunately she didn't have my blood work back yet, so i find out THIS friday what my recent A1C is. hopefully it's as good as last time!

Katrina Stovold

Exactly the same with me!!! I am known at the clinic as the "panic patient"!!! They say I test too much and worry too much! But, they make me worry by expecting such perfection!! Then when they realise I am panicking they back off and say you are doing well, can never acheive perfection as a type 1, so I guess they are just doing their job to make us more controlled! Yes, they said the same thing to me....aim for perfection! I reckon you and I are doing GREAT!! XX

dbaratta

Being outside your target is called "Diabetes" :( Everyday I have something wrong, high, low, both.....it is just the way it is. It is easier for some to control,,,,others not so much

e||ement
Being outside your target is called "Diabetes" :(

good answer ;)

i was meaning more during pregnancy, since the targets are soooo much tighter with perhaps more at risk (for the baby)!

but you are right...even when targets are looser, it's rare to be within the range all the time!

dbaratta
good answer ;)

i was meaning more during pregnancy, since the targets are soooo much tighter with perhaps more at risk (for the baby)!

but you are right...even when targets are looser, it's rare to be within the range all the time!

Oh yeah, but you know my son's girlfriend was diabetic thru her first pregancy and she was fine and so was the baby, but, she was diabetic BECAUSE of the pregnancy, so your situation is different. You mean you have to be better than your last A1C because I would give anything to have your numbers.....

Good luck, drink lots of water!

belyro

I was probably outside of my target every day during my pregnancy. Some days not far, and some days WAY off. That's the nature of being diabetic and pregnant. Perfect control is impossible. The best you can do is your best.

My daughter is fine. More than fine - she's perfect :) But I"m also biased.

Katrina Stovold

um, yeah we were referring to type 1 diabetes during pregnancy! thats what this forum is all about!!!! We know that diabetes is hard to control!!! we know that! We are referring specifically to type 1 diabetes during pregnancy! We are not talking about gestational diabetes!!!

SoldiersWifey

After reading this thread I feel better.

I'm a type 1 and on an insulin pump.

I constantly panic if my BGs are high.

Thanks.

imac

I use an accu-chek 360 program and according to it my last 14 days average is above 36.7%, within range 59.5% below 3.8% I dont know if this is good or bad.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.