Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shootingstars

needing to know im not alone..

shootingstars

hello im new to these forums..im posting because i think i may be pregnant im a type 1 diabetic and im 18 a freshman in college and im the most worried because im not the best diabetic im probably the worst.. i was hospitalized last month on the 12th for dka and ever since then i've really been takin care of myself being in the hospital really scared me i take lantus and humalog 50/50..ill be going to the doctor soon but i just need to vent a little..besides the other pregnancy symptoms i've been having i've been getting low bloodsugars sometimes even when i havent taken any insulin..ive read that this could be a possible side effect of pregnancy..for example last night was really strange around 11 i had a low bloodsugar of 44 i ate a snicker and drank some juice then around 2:30 i had another low of 46..i woke up again at 6:30 and it was 65.

ramon

Bless you baby and your soon to be near born. If I were you I WOULD CUT BACK on the meds slowly, keep monitoring the bg and for heavens sake go and see another doctor. Do not put your lives in their hands. Your readings are to low and you are treading on thin ice. Get your very best friend involved to ask the doctors questions and give you the moral support you need and must have. Where is your family and your babies daddy? They should all be involved and maybe a few on this forum too. Hang in there and fight for yours and your babies rights. I love you. Please let us know how you are doing, I care.

shootingstars

thank you so much for your caring words my family, mostly my mother i dont have much family and my boyfriend are here as well as my close friends but i go to school in another state and i just feel so alone i just feel like they dont understand how i feel especially how worried i am because of my diabetes

ramon

Baby your world is just beginning and you have so much ahead of you. Having diabetes is not the end of the world but just a little detour. Don't freak out, just take control. Cut back just a little on the meds and check the results. You can do it, really no big deal at all. Have a good snack before you go to bed and work on getting that level up. Experiment with yourself and enjoy your baby. This should be the happiest time of your life. My one daughter just gave me a grandson exactly one month ago today and my oldest daughter told us 2 weeks ago she is pregnant, we are so lucky and think about it so are you. Lots of luv from us to you. Please keep in touch.

Moonpie

I have no advice, as we have no children, but I want to wish you all the best with your pregnancy. Children truly are a blessing from above. You are not alone, & if your current Dr is not helping, go to a different one ( if you can) Wishing you all the best, & also sending some cyber hugs:D

Belle'sMama

With the proper medical dr and guidelines on your medication and food intake, you will be fine. I know you are scared right now. Have you taken a home pregnancy test? if not, I think you should do that ASAP. If you are indeed pregnant, you need to meet with an endocrinologist as soon as you can. Diabetes and a pregnancy is very hard work but women do it all the time. I have a wonderful 2.5 yr old that was worth every second of those long long months! I am presently 7 wks pregnant and I've already seen my endo three times, once a week because she is a very cautious dr but when you are pregnant you need someone like that. I was about 20 yrs old when I was hospitalized with DKA as well. I was in college at the time and it did scare me to death back then, but unfortunately at your age it is so easy to forget how serious diabetes is and I let mine fall into the back burner, big mistake! But I will also add that I am now 31 and ten years ago the advances in diabetes that we have now didn't exist so much. I must add that getting on an insulin pump was the best thing that I've ever done and I could not imagine going through a pregnancy without one, even though I know there are a lot of women who do. How long have you had diabetes? Please keep us updated and know that everything will work out for the best.

shootingstars

I've been a diabetic since i was 5 yrs old i took a pregnancy test maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago being scared but then i realized it was too early ill be going to the doctor next week i think maybe ill try again cause my nausea and stuff is still here i really do appreciate all of your kind words.

Moonpie

wishing you the best, my cousin in law is a T 1 & she has 2 beautiful children with her husband :D the odd thing is, her Dr said she would never have children, Go figure. I hope your pregnancy will be as stress free as possible. HUGS>

Moonglo

Shootingstars,

I love your name! You and I could almost be sisters ;)

Okay, all hoakyness aside, I just wanted you to know that I read this the first day you posted it, and just didn't find myself having time to respond effectively. I still don't know what to add to the advice and encouragement that everyone else has already given, but I did want you to know that you are most definitely NOT alone.

*hugs and lots of positive thoughts*

shootingstars

moonglo thank you too lol i have a tattoo of shootingstars on my hip. and im going home tomorrow i have my doctors appointment on wednesday morning.... i didnt want to be thinking i was pregnant and then find out i was wrong but im still having symptoms my bloodsugars are still dropping randomly and i find myself becoming winded from the things that i wasn't when i first got here..i live on campus so i walk a lot and i become tired so fast, my feet and hands are starting to get puffy i dont know what to attribute that to because i didnt think swelling happened until late in pregnancy..i also should've gotten my period recently..i just wanted to update..thanks again for all your support

Moonglo
moonglo thank you too lol i have a tattoo of shootingstars on my hip.

Lol... I have a shooting stars tattoo on my right ankle.

Let us know what the doctor says... we'll be thinking of you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.