Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Violet

Scare/Happy?

Violet

Hi Everyone I am happy to join this forum. I've only been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes for 3 years, and i am now realizing that this is serious, before i was living in denial. Now that i found out that i am 6 weeks pregnant i am starting to have mixed emotions, I don't know if i should be happy or scared. I hope what i'm feeling is normal.

Meghann0409
Hi Everyone I am happy to join this forum. I've only been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes for 3 years, and i am now realizing that this is serious, before i was living in denial. Now that i found out that i am 6 weeks pregnant i am starting to have mixed emotions, I don't know if i should be happy or scared. I hope what i'm feeling is normal.

Have you gotten in with your Endo yet? That'll help - and write down any questions you have so you don't forget!

Congratulations! It is scary to be a Mommy - but at 35w2d I can tell you that despite the roller coaster I've had with different insulin levels and whatnot, I am congratulated by my Endo and my OB almost every visit for how well I've supposedly done.

Keep an eye on your weight, and don't use pregnancy as an excuse to hit the drive through.

That said, if you get nauteous, check your sugars constantly to avoid going low but eat what you can - something going in and staying in is better than nothing!

Stay on top of frequent testing to make sure you can adjust for highs and lows - they sneak up on you!!

Violet

No, no Endo yet, I was hospitalized last week for critical high blood sugar this was the day i found out i was 5 weeks pregnant. My husband lost his job also last week and since then i have been waiting for Ahcccs health insurance. (Government help for health insurance). They said my eligibility could take up to 20 days i'm just keeping my fingers cross, because i know i need an appt. w/ endo and obstetrician real soon. In the mean time i have been taking prenatal vitamins, checking blood sugar levels at least 5 times, taking my lantus and measuring what i eat especially the amount of carbs and sugar. Hopefully everything will be okay with my baby.

Micha82

I think both is normal.

I had bad "real life" problems at the beginning of my pregnancy: The Baby´s father stoped the relationship, I lost my job, my diabetes was very, very bad. I had so many fears but everything went well.

My little will be five in January (where is the time) and he is healthy and my sunshine.

(hope you understand everything, I am German...)

Violet

Yes, i understand you. Stress in life can also have a very big affect with diabetes. I'm feeling much better lately. I have been thinking positive things.

genie86333
Yes, i understand you. Stress in life can also have a very big affect with diabetes. I'm feeling much better lately. I have been thinking positive things.

Congrats, Violet on the pregnancy! Don't stress too much, it's not good for you and the baby!

Just one hint for you from another Arizonan (although I'm in CA for now) re: the wait for AHCCCS for when you have to renew - get their checklist before your appt next time & make sure you have everything on the list when you goin for your appt...that way they have to approve/deny you right at the appt instead of making you wait a few weeks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.