Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katrina Stovold

i love being pregnant with type 1! no joke

Katrina Stovold

I am loving it!!! I get fantastic care, have become a very healthy and determined person, exercise daily! Control myself when it comes to naughty foods all for the sake of my baby!! its not so bad or hard after all and im doing fine......and to top it all off...us type 1's get induced at 38 weeks. :D

e||ement

i'm not loving it!!! :eek:

i'm hardly ever in target, i'm so exhausted, i feel like cr@p and can't just mindlessly stuff my mouth full of crackers, and i think i'm gaining weight because of the extra insulin!!!

i did LOVE being pregnant with #1 though, i had no symptoms and no diabetes!! hehe.

if i'm induced at 38 weeks exactly (or have another c-section at 38 weeks exactly) #2 will be born on #1's birthday!

i'm glad you are having a great experience though!! :)

sasha

congrats on being pregnant and loving it!!! Ive just made the decision to go for it ....I am a little bit scared but its nice to hear you are doing well and looking at things in a positive way, its just what I needed to hear! My sugars are under pretty good controll im just having an issue with getting my sugars down an hour after food especially at tea time, breakfast and lunch i usually eat the same thing toast for breakfast and a salad at lunch. Im used to testing 2 hours after food and my sugars are back to normall by then but an hour after they tend to be in about 200 to 250. Any tips ?

Brookie

Sasha, I'm having the same thing. An hour after I eat I'm a lot higher and then two hours later I'm totally ok. I've just started trying this: I give myself my insulin 15-30 min before I eat....I usually give fast acting right when I eat, but I'm noticing that a little earlier helps. My nutritionist also recently told me that I Type 1 diabetics won't generally be under 140 an hour later and they don't expect them to. Hope that helps!

Katrina Stovold

Ok guys! Thanks.......me too, dont worry Im rarely on target all the time either, I have become very positive and relaxed, was very stressed out at the beginning but its better to be relaxed. Overall Im doing pretty good. I eat the same friggin thing every day but who cares....it makes life easier when it comes to controlling the sugars!! My doc told me to eat carbs every meal, I used to only eat carbs at bfast then salad for lunch and meat and veg for dinner but this was no longer suitable for a growing bub who needs lotsa energy, so...Im now enjoying a big salad sandwich for lunch but still try to limit the starchy carbs for dinner.

Secondly to those who arent feeling so good, you are doing great im sure and I really thank you for being happy for me! You are so nice!!

To those people worried about their sugars being high one hour after then ok at the 2 hour mark, well, I used to only check 2 hours after and now I check both 1 hour after and 2 hours also, I find the only time my sugars are high one hour after is if I had sugar in my meal, carbs are ok, but sugar makes my level go high after an hour then go back to normal at the 2 hour mark, there are times when it is crazy high after 1 hour then ok at 2 hour for no friggin reason but usually its coz i had sugar ie: jam, sauce with sugar in it, yoghurt

(not diet). So, I cut out all sugary things and only eat carb and veg/protein. Seems to work well. I like testing one hour after coz then I can correct it if it is high but the risk with that is that you might not have needed to correct coz it would have gone back to normal on its own, then I have to have a low, sometimes the corrections works sometimes it doesnt! But, I must say eating the same thing each day makes a world of difference! Good on you all........x

Katrina Stovold

ps: do you test 1 hour after you finish your meal or 1 hour after you inject? I test 1 hour after i finish my meal. Some docs or nurses at my hospital recommend giving insulin up to half an hour prior to you eating but when I tried this I always end up going hypo before I eat. I saw another doc and she said it was silly to do that and doesnt understand why the nurses tell me to do that. (she is a very good doc, very experienced and knows her stuff) Everyone is different tho remember, it might work for you. apparently during pregnancy things are slower, ie: it takes longer for insulin to get working

sasha

I eat the same thing as well and some of my friends just laugh at me , I go to lunch to one of my friends house and she just has my salad ready for me without even asking any more! but like you said im all for making my life easy! thanks for all the tips going to try them and happy thanks giving to everyone !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.