Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chdowney

i need help and good advice plz

chdowney

hello, my name is chase. i have a girlfriend that a care for dearly, her name is kelly and she is type 1 diabetic. we are haveing a scare and think she might be pregnant. she has taken 3 pregnacy test that all say she isnt. unfortunatly i know they can be wrong since she has missed her period for almost a month maybe even more. my ultimate question is if the abortion pill provided by planned parenthood in anyway bad for her to take. i know that bein diabetic an having surgery can be complicated. im am really scared for her and need help. i know no where else to look an im hoping for good advice. plz email or reply here thank you.:(:o

Josselyn

Planned Parenthood would know whether the "morning after" pill, called Mifepristone, would be a problem for a woman with Type 1 diabetes. Call them. A pharmacist would likely know, too, and you can call anonymously when you ask.

Urine tests for pregnancy are often inconclusive. Get her somewhere where they'll do a blood test to be sure ASAP...PP should be able to do this if Kelly doesn't want to see her MD.

Good luck to you both. I hope it's a false alarm.

Katrina Stovold

Absolutely not! It will be no problem at all! If her sugars are under control she is no different to someeone without diabetes! I have had major major breast enlargement surgery and I had zero problems. One little pill wont do a thing. Surgery is no more complicated if her sugars are fairly under control! I hope however, you are allowing her to decide what to do with the pregnany as it is her body! xx

Katrina Stovold

ps: those home pregnancy tests are very very accurate!! IF IT SAYS NEGATIVE it most likely is!!! If she is testing over a week after her period was due then the result is very very accurate. Maybe she has an irregular cylce!! Some women skip periods or they arrive very late, not every woman has a regular cycle remember! IF YOU ARE WORRIED just get a blood test from your doc. I had many false alarms and thought for sure I was pregnant even when the urine test said negative, but each and everytime I was never pregnant! Those home tests are very very reliable and detect the slightest amount of pregnancy hormone! dont stress!

nattyskillz619
hello, my name is chase. i have a girlfriend that a care for dearly, her name is kelly and she is type 1 diabetic. we are haveing a scare and think she might be pregnant. she has taken 3 pregnacy test that all say she isnt. unfortunatly i know they can be wrong since she has missed her period for almost a month maybe even more. my ultimate question is if the abortion pill provided by planned parenthood in anyway bad for her to take. i know that bein diabetic an having surgery can be complicated. im am really scared for her and need help. i know no where else to look an im hoping for good advice. plz email or reply here thank you.:(:o

Yeah she will be fine. I am a type 1 and was pregnant about a year ago. I explored my options at planned parenthood and the pill is alittle more crazy...since it will mess with your girls hormones which in return could raise her blood sugars. but if she is checking like usual and careful she can do it. i decided to to the DNC (actual abortion surgery) and the only thing i needed to watch was the afterward sugars since i was in pain. You guys should be fine. just stay with what she has been doing . CHeck CHeck Check. Good luck!

ps

like the lady said b4..the home pee test pregnancy test are extremely acurate! Your prolly not pregnant! No worries! ;)

ramon

SAN DIEGO, CA Native

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Lived in Imperial Beach right by the pier and went to SOUTH WESTERN near Otay lakes. Dan Fouts was the man and Ken Stabler was the Snake. AHH the memories of the free love period.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.