Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acenas

168 to 66 after walk

Acenas

Hello friends

Being new to diabetes I still dont know whats normal or acceptable. Yesterday at 2pm before lunch my BG was @ 168 mg/dl. So I decided to go for a walk before sitting down for lunch. Went for a stroll of about 20 minutes and when I got back I took my BG again and found I had 66mg/dl. Is a drop such as this normal?

foxl
Hello friends

Being new to diabetes I still dont know whats normal or acceptable. Yesterday at 2pm before lunch my BG was @ 168 mg/dl. So I decided to go for a walk before sitting down for lunch. Went for a stroll of about 20 minutes and when I got back I took my BG again and found I had 66mg/dl. Is a drop such as this normal?

I take it you are a Type 2? Yes, that reflects my experience yesterday! I (WAS) taking niacin which increases insulin resistance in a certain portion of the population ... of which, apparently, I am a part. I went from 160 to 76, with 30 minutes. Later went from 168 to 110 with 20 min. It may have worked, I could not keep exercising and testing all night though ... :eek:

Acenas

Actually I dont feel I have a correct diagnosis yet. At the ER I was told type 2. Then the next day at my primary doctor he said most likely type 1. So I dont know. I have an appointment on the 13th and some blood work to be done so hopefully I will now where I am at. I am takin insulin shot in the morning and metformin. So most likely type 1.

ramon
Hello friends

This is wonderfull and you deserve a slap on the back, good job buddy and way to go. We knew you could it. WOW.:D

sumi

I do think that much of a drop is uncommon, one more thing to discuss with your doctor, and one more reason you will have to pay for those extra test strips. By the way, in Canada and the U.S. I think the test strips are about half what you mentioned in the other thread. Maybe you could mail order?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.