Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michellemurphy

New Hampshire anyone?

michellemurphy

Hi all,

I am new to this and hoping it will help me in my quest to become a better diabetic. I am from New Hampshire, nearish to Maine, in the south east, anyone else?

--Michelle

axman

How sudden can symptoms come on? I am 49, overweight and have been told a year ago after testing that I was not diabetic but I could certainly see it from where I was.

Over the past 3 weeks my near vision has changed dramatically ($750 in new glasses) I can not satisfy my thirst and of course with all that drinking comes getting rid of it all, all day & night.

Any thoughts?

ljjhouser

Hello Michelle,

I'm not there - it sounds cool - really cool - a little cold- really cold - I'm getting cold just thinking about it. Nice place - very pretty I hear.

Welcome to the Forum. Glad you are here, Best Wishes, Larry

matingara

i was born in New Hampshire (Hooksett/Manchester).

i adore the place. it is part of me forever. i have hiked, skied, fished, sailed and camped all over my home state.

i miss it greatly...

:)

-- joel.

live free or die...

Josselyn
i was born in New Hampshire (Hooksett/Manchester).

i adore the place. it is part of me forever. i have hiked, skied, fished, sailed and camped all over my home state.

i miss it greatly...

-- joel.

live free or die...

Quite the state motto, isn't it? Intense.

I have relatives in Manchester, NH. I live in Massachusetts.

How long have you lived in Australia, Joel?

matingara

you are going to be SORRY you asked Joss.

the very brief summary:

1954-1956: New Hampshire

1956-1959: Back Bay (Marlborough Street)

1960-1963: Newton Center

1963-1970: Wellesley

1970-1986: Sydney

1986-1988: Melbourne

1988-1994: Pepperell, MA

1994-Now: Melbourne.

Josselyn

Not sorry at all, Joel.

And given your list, I'm certain there's a story in there somewhere... ;)

My son's college is in Newton. Lived outside of Boston, in Weymouth for a while. I have friends and relatives in Pepperell.

Interesting town, historically, is Pepperell.

Small world.

Alas, I've never visited Australia. The closest I've come is reading The Thorn Birds...

matingara

Pepperell was a part of the "Paul Revere" ride and the women there dressed up as men and scared away the redcoats (that is my brief historical synopsis).

it is a GREAT place.

i have heard of the Thorn Birds but i don't know anything about it. When i want an Australian novel i start with Tim Winton these days...

and as for a story. i could tell you a story all right...

xMenace

I am going to be in the North West part of the state for the weekend, Plymouth. If anybody nearby want's to get together, give me a buzz. I'll have some free time.

TrickyTreeFrog
How sudden can symptoms come on? I am 49, overweight and have been told a year ago after testing that I was not diabetic but I could certainly see it from where I was.

Over the past 3 weeks my near vision has changed dramatically ($750 in new glasses) I can not satisfy my thirst and of course with all that drinking comes getting rid of it all, all day & night.

Any thoughts?

I would say for you to set up an appt with your doctor to run a fasting full blood work panel on you and see what he has to say.

Good Luck

Hugs

Da Fwog

Joisey

Hi Michelle,

I used to live in New Ipswich for about 3 years. then I moved to Maine for about 10 years

( Waterville and East Winthrop ). Now I'm in New Jersey (mostly cause of the job, but partly due to the winter).

jeff2134

hello michelle so your in newhampshire i am in lowell massachusetts close to pelham newhampshire border of dracut and pelham I can get to pelham in 5 miniutes fron my home weel are you type 1 or 2 its a real quest staying on top of your food intake excersise to I became a diabetic in may of 2010 been sick since also some cancer surgery and me develpoling complications my feet burns all day i have pain from a condition called meralgia paraesthetica in my left side down to my feet are ache burning and clothing touch the side of my leg can be unbearable sometimes this all has put me disabled I hate this i was an active man before this the diabetes the cancer the condition i have with the leg and back its not fun but I have to deal with it I HAVE BEEN DOING GOOD MYA1C THE BIG TEST THE DO FOR AVERAGEING YOUR BG LEVELS HAS BEEN GOOD I WAS 5.7 / 5.9 BUT IJUST STARTED TAKEN SOME NAPROXEN FOR THE BACK AND ITS HELPED I HAVE TO MANYPROBLEMS MAN AND TIRED OF BEING JUST WEAKEND BY MY CONDITIONS SO I CAN ADVISE YOU TO STAY ON TRACK WITH YOUR CHANGED LIFESTYLE TO KEEEP THE DIABETES FORM AFFECTING YOUR ORGANS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO STAY FOCUSED ON OK GOOD LUCK AND PLEASE COME ON THE CHAT I AN ON ALL THE TIME THERE'S A VERY GOD GROUP OF PEOPLE ON IT OK CATCH YA LATTER i USE THE NAME JEFF2134 JEFF IS MY REAL FIRST NAM E OK GOOD LUCK AND STAY HEALTHY OK

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.