Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeggeman31

Well my 11yo goes to the DR

jeggeman31

Well my 11yo son heads to the DR tomorrow to find out if he also is diabetic. He has been running bs about 160 and is having the thirst, peeing alot and other things that come with it.

Lets hope for the best.

am1977

Hey,

I hope your son is all right. I know you must be worried, but it's better to get these things checked out to make sure he is ok. Better to be safe ;)

Please let us know what happens...we'll be thinking of you both .

Take care :)

gettingby

Hi Jim,

I know that it's hard on you to think your son may have diabetes. It's best to go ahead and find out now then to wait. I'm sure everything will be ok. Remember, either way, we are here for you. :D Let us know what happens.

buzzborne

Jim, I hope that everything turns out a-ok with your son, it must be a worrying time for you all. All the best, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

soremom

Jim, since I was in the position a few months ago and still worry, I know what you are going through and how hard it is. I am hoping it turns out the same for you as it did for me. At one point, I took a reading of over 200 on Tyler and all his test came back normal. Every once and a while, he will have a higher reading than I would like. I only test randomly right now. He also seemed to peeing more and drinking more than normal. After the results, I figured I made it worse because I was obsessing (?) over it. I hope this turns out to be the same.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your son tomorrow.

Kim

Dewey

Jim,

I know it must worry you, especially with him showing symptoms. I sure hope he's alright. Here's hoping he doesn't have Diabetes, but if he does, he's in the best hands possible. :thumbsup: Please let us know, and good luck!

jeggeman31

Thanks all. We go to the DR at 4pm today so as soon as we get any results back I will let you all know also. You guys (gals) are a great group of people.

dixiepixie64

Jim, I am so sorry to hear about your son having symptoms of diabetes. Let us know when you get back from the appointment today.

jeggeman31
Let us know when you get back from the appointment today.

Well I go from the DR office to work, and work until 630am tomorrow so I will update you tomorrow with what the DR said

Again thanks

KickStart101

I'm also sad :( to hear that your Son has symptoms of D. But with Kim's

Son's outcome I'm hopeful that things turned out okay for your Son too.

If not, it sure is better to know sooner than later. If he is taught to

be responsible with the pump then he should be on a good track. Plus he has his Dad to help:)......here's, not knowing but hoping that he's Very Okay. :)

jeggeman31

Well first off thank you ALL for your well wish's. What a great group of people.

They have sent my son out to see an ENDO as my sons DR has said he is diabetic. We sat down and had a long talk yesterday with him. He is understanding things a little better. I tell you that boy wants his bs checked every hour on the hour now. I am going to have to hide the meter and strips or he will wipe me clean out of money with all the test strips he will use :D

gettingby

Jim,

I know that finding this out wasn't easy but at least now you know. With your knowledge and support from your friends here, everything will turn out just fine. We are here for you and your family. :)

Eri's mom

Sorry to hear about that, Jim :( I know it's not easy hearing that, but at least the two of you can battle this together :)

Not to get o/t or anything, but how long were the symptoms there b/f he was dx'd? The endo's told me that my youngest was "brewing" diabetes a couple of years ago. She normally keeps a regular reading, occassionaly high ones(for her, the 300's) and then a few lows, but nothing that is constant.

Eri was 6 when dx'd, Elle is now 7, I know that makes no difference, but was just wondering.

am1977

Jim,

So sorry to hear your news :( . That must have been hard to take.

But on the positive side, at least it was caught early before he got really sick, I think he's much better off that way. Also, he's a very lucky boy, b/c he has you to teach him and to motivate him. He'll know that he's not alone and he knows that if he has questions, he has you there for him. I think that's going to help tremendously. :thumbsup: . Not to mention that he will motivate you to take care of yourself as well...you want to be a good example for him ;)

I know we all wish that this wasn't the case, but he will be ok. Give it some time, things will be fine. I'd also suggest encouraging him to learn all he can, join a support group, and take care of himself. Try to stress how important his health is.

Good luck, Jim, and do hang in there :)

KickStart101

Well Darn it Jim. Sorry to hear that. We were all hoping it wouldn't be so.

A Big Hug to both of you. I'd like to ruffle your Son's hair, he sounds like a Cool Guy. He also sounds like Nancy's Thomas. :D(me thinks she hid the

meter on him finally :D. j/k Nancy ;) ).

I'm glad you's had a long chat and I'm hoping he's feeling better, at least a little. Although it usually takes some time to actually except it, with every-one's help and best wishes, I'm sure you will both do okay or better. Good

Luck!!! :)

jeggeman31
Sorry to hear about that' date=' Jim :( I know it's not easy hearing that, but at least the two of you can battle this together :)

Not to get o/t or anything, but how long were the symptoms there b/f he was dx'd? The endo's told me that my youngest was "brewing" diabetes a couple of years ago. She normally keeps a regular reading, occassionaly high ones(for her, the 300's) and then a few lows, but nothing that is constant.

Eri was 6 when dx'd, Elle is now 7, I know that makes no difference, but was just wondering.[/quote']

Well his symptoms have been on going for about a 6 months. And it never dawned on me until he started complaining about his eye sight and the eye dr said he had 20/20 whe she tested him. Then things started clicking and I was like HELLO.

zookeeper671

So sorry to hear of the news, but it truly is a blessing that you discovered it early on. He's in good hands with you to guide him. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.