Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarlyesHope

NovoPen Junior Sample Kit

CarlyesHope

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but i have a NovoPen Junior Sample kit that we were given free in the hospital, that we have no use for, Carlye doesn't use the Jr.

The kit comes with NovoPen Junior

NovoFine 31 disposable needles (6 of them)

Patient Education brochure

NovoPen Junior instruciontal video

Interactive cd-rom

Parent Q and A booklet

We opened the box but never used or opened the needles or pen and i'd hate to just throw it away...

I will pay for shipping, just let me know

Kelly

Mick

Kelly--

I have been using the Novopen Jr. for about 3 years now and LOVE it!!! How come you don't use it? It's the best thing since sliced bread--better, cuz I don't eat much bread, but I do a lot of injections! And, the design on it is SO cool. Anyway--IF you are sure you don't want it, and no one else does, I'd be more than pleased to have a spare pen--I've feared for the past 6 months that mine is getting old, and if it breaks I'd be out of luck...

Thanx,

Michael

CarlyesHope

Michael,

You are the first to ask, therefore it is yours. We don't use it, and won't use it, we were told by our local pharmacies (3 of them) that they could not get the insulin cartridge for it. The could get the NovoPen, but not the Jr. So, okay we use the NovoPen (the only difference between the two is that the Jr. can dial up 1/2 units and the NovoPen cannot - at least this is what we were told)

So PM or Email me your address and i'll ship it right out. I'm glad to hear you could use it!!!

Kelly

Mick
Michael,

You are the first to ask, therefore it is yours. We don't use it, and won't use it, we were told by our local pharmacies (3 of them) that they could not get the insulin cartridge for it. The could get the NovoPen, but not the Jr. So, okay we use the NovoPen (the only difference between the two is that the Jr. can dial up 1/2 units and the NovoPen cannot - at least this is what we were told)

So PM or Email me your address and i'll ship it right out. I'm glad to hear you could use it!!!

Kelly

I'm not quite clear on what you just said there, Kelly--pharmacies cannot get the cartridges for it, but CAN get the cartridge for the regular novopen? is that right? I am almost positive they use the same cartridge--and all the national chains carry it--i get it from Eckerd. According to the Novonordisk official site:

"NovoLog® insulin is supplied in 3-mL PenFill® cartridges, and can be used in InDuo®, a blood glucose meter and insulin delivery system in one, and in the NovoPen® 3 insulin delivery system. Both of these delivery systems are specially designed to be used with the 3-mL PenFill® cartridges. The NovoPen® Junior insulin-delivery pen offering the following:

* The precision of 1/2-unit dosing increments

* For use with NovoLog® 3-mL (300-unit) PenFill® cartridges"

I'm not sure what the pharmacies in Michigan are thinking--this is a very common item...

I'll wait until you get this cleared up--because for small people (like Carlye and me!)--this half-unit dosing is a real help--a half unit can mean the difference of 25 points in a test result--the difference between a "good" 120 and a not-too-good 145--OR, on the other side, the difference between a good 75 and a dangerously low 50. A child should not be denied this degree of control because the pharmacies don't know their ass from their elbow...

Michael

CarlyesHope

The Doctors were kind of pissed and shocked too they prescribed the regular NovoPen (flexpen) for Carlye instead. The ones we have do work differently, with the Jr. you get 1 or 2 pens, then your prescription is for the cartridges of insulin, with the NovoPen - FlexPen, the prescripton is a prefilled pen and you throw the whole thing away when done.

The way we deal with the issues of half units is by what her BS number was, if it was above 100 we tend to round up, if its below we round down. It works for us, so we are sure that we won't use this, as a matter of fact, the docs told us to throw the Jr. away because if we can't/wont use it they can't take it back so its no good to anyone....little do they know...

So if you want it, i am sure that we won't/can't use it.

Thanks for double checking though.

Kelly

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.