Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delphinus

Anyone here ever take Ambien?

Delphinus

You ever wake up in a playground in the middle of winter at three o'clock in the morning wearing only a clown wig after taking it?

notme
You ever wake up in a playground in the middle of winter at three o'clock in the morning wearing only a clown wig after taking it?

Ummmm yes. Were you there?

I stopped taking it. I fall sound asleep while sitting up on the computer. My husband had to take me upstairs and attempt to get me ready for bed. I don't remember any of it. Now it is just melatonin and valarian root.

Jan B

I never had the good stuff, just the controlled release (CR). I didn't sleep a lot better, but the worst part was not being able to wake up completely all day long. I was a bit comatose (sure, a bit overblown) and quit taking it after a few days. My doctor told me to try taking 1/2 dose, but I gave it up all together. Strangely, I quit having sleeping problems soon after all that.

Do you feel rested after taking it and acting out fantasies?

mzteacher

well i have missed out on the clown experience!!! but i LOVE ambien....i have never had any problems with it...it does get me to sleep fast....if i am home i can just take 1/2 dose but away from home i take a full dose...i never have any problems the next day....it is just wonderful to be able to get rest when i need to!!!

did i mention i love it??? even with out said clown experience!

susan

notme

I have the "good" stuff Jan and it isn't all that good. I do get nauseated if I take it longer than about two nights in a row. It does put you to sleep fast, but the sleep for me only lasts about six hours. I don't like the way I feel the next day.

Jae

Nope but I woke up one morning with a funny paint taste in my mouth only to discover all the paint gone from the walls in my bedroom!

Jan B

I'm just so thankful I don't need it anymore. My heart goes out to you Nancy, and others who have/had a horrible time sleeping. I'm glad it works for you when you need it Susan. When I took it, it was to help me sleep through pain, which didn't work out. Hydrocodone worked a lot better (when I could get it); besides the frozen shoulder finally quit hurting after years of misery.

I was also a bit afraid to try the regular Ambien, because I've had plenty of sleepwalking experiences (two with extreme low bg) without any drug's side effects!

Jan B
Nope but I woke up one morning with a funny paint taste in my mouth only to discover all the paint gone from the walls in my bedroom!

You have got to be kidding!!!

Delphinus

I broke the pill in half for tonight, and have already taken it.

I can see the other half of the pill on my desk, all sad, and telling me to take it to.

I will fight it tho, and make it to my bed.

Living Half Pill will not win!

Funnygrl

Love ambien! I take it once I'm already in bed. I just sleep fantastically. I wake up feeling rested and energized. It's about the only time I ever feel well rested.

ant hill

Well I was in a right mess as I have found myself at the computer with the monitor warming up from a snooze and a breaking wind. :o:o:o After looking at the BG meter was whey high. :( and took the Basel I turn around and see a empty bottle of Bondy Rum!!! :eek::eek: WOHA I was not a happy boy.

Sorry folks

I will stay sober for a few more hours. :confused:

yannah

Of course I have taken Ambien. and its not a bad idea, if you need to take it. use procaution and be smart taking it though, like take it and just go to bed.

alura

I'm with Yannah....take it then immediately go to bed. I never had problems with it. I only took it for about 6 months. When my 80 year old mom lived with me and took it, I had to make sure she was already in bed. Otherwise, it would take me hours to get her back to planet earth because she was so confused. Definitely one of those YMMV things.

ant hill

Ignore me as I don't take Ambien. I have a stupid habit of diving in without looking. :rolleyes:

art

I've been using the CR version for about 18 months.

I haven't had a single bad side effect.

It's marginally effective.

Art

plattb1
When my 80 year old mom lived with me and took it, I had to make sure she was already in bed. Otherwise, it would take me hours to get her back to planet earth because she was so confused. Definitely one of those YMMV things.

Both my parents take it (ages 78 & 80.) Pop takes it & goes straight to bed ... do not pass go, do not collect $200. He used to sleep upstairs. No more. But, it works for them & sleep deprivation can be brutal.

dbaratta

LMAO. I have taken many sleeping aids, I still wake up in the middle of the night. My mind just won't let me get a good nights sleep:eek:

foxl

I had a friend who had a scary experience with it. Scary enough that I am amazed they still have it on the market. She LOST 24 hours of her life, somehow. Including WAKING hours ...

TommyC1

Gimme back my WIG!:eek:

notme

This drug was HIGHLY dangerous for my 86 year old father. He took it to help him sleep after my Mother passed away. He woke up to go to the bathroom and fell and his legs absolutely would not work. He hit his head and scraped his knees and elbows trying to get to the phone. He could not walk. He spent about four hours on the floor until my husband found him. My Dad is a very active man who hikes and still walks about a mile a day, so walking is never a problem for him. Dad was hospitalized for about three days. No stroke, they decided it was the Ambien. I took it away!

Please be very careful about elderly parents using Ambien. Scary......

Delphinus

The first night I took one, felt fine the next day.

Yesterday, and today tho, I feel really nauseated. In fact last night a threw up a few times.

I don't like Ambien anymore.

notme
The first night I took one, felt fine the next day.

Yesterday, and today tho, I feel really nauseated. In fact last night a threw up a few times.

I don't like Ambien anymore.

That is exacty what happens to me (minus the actual vomiting). I get very nauseated on Ambien. sigh.........

Delphinus
That is exacty what happens to me (minus the actual vomiting). I get very nauseated on Ambien. sigh.........

I felt like it all day as well, not just periods, and still feel like it. A bit woozy as well.

I am not going to be using it anymore.

I have melatonin, and will look into the valarian root you mentioned.

foxl
I felt like it all day as well, not just periods, and still feel like it. A bit woozy as well.

I am not going to be using it anymore.

I have melatonin, and will look into the valarian root you mentioned.

I use melatonin on my kids and myself. My daughter gets controlled release AND regular. It seems to help!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.