Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delphinus

Anyone here ever take Ambien?

notme
I felt like it all day as well, not just periods, and still feel like it. A bit woozy as well.

I am not going to be using it anymore.

I have melatonin, and will look into the valarian root you mentioned.

That is also how I felt Jason. I didn't realize that it was the Ambien that made me sick and was ill feeling the entire time I was in Italy on vacation. It took about two days for the nauseated feeling to go away. Every time I ate food, I felt nauseated.

Valarian Root and Melatonin 5mg. works very well for me. I asked my doctor about taking them together and she didn't have a problem with it. I feel great the next day. (after coffee)

mannings

I have the "good stuff" and only used it for a week. My mind would race at night leaving me exhausted and hung over most of the next day.

I go in next week for a sleep study, Doc thinks I may have sleep Apnea. He also told me sleep Apnea could account for my morning spikes?

foxl
I have the "good stuff" and only used it for a week. My mind would race at night leaving me exhausted and hung over most of the next day.

I go in next week for a sleep study, Doc thinks I may have sleep Apnea. He also told me sleep Apnea could account for my morning spikes?

Sure! OSA contributes to insulin resistance! Possibly via adrenal (stress) hormones ...

Delphinus
My wife and I both have taken it. All I can say is google the following phrase: ambien sex

You mean watching two sleeping pills go at it?

I am pretty sure had I continued to take Ambien, I would have witnessed this at some point had I left two on my night table by themselves.

Of course, I would be hallucinating.

mell1682

This whole thread has scared the cr_p outta me!!! I was very recently prescribed Ambien because I have big issues sleeping and was having too many problems on the Seroquel they prescribed. I don't know if I want to fill this prescription now...I already have big issues with non-stop nausea (another long story, doc thinks I may have gastroparesis) and if I take something that makes it worse, I'll still not sleep. UGH. Maybe it won't make me feel sick, right? I am just tired of not sleeping...the whole family is in bed no later than midnight and I'm up pacing the house, fantasizing about sleep. :( Sleeping problems are no fun.

ramon

It causes me to sleepwalk and the kids proved it with a vidio. Whats strange though is the story of the mom whose son was in a coma and had been for years. She thought he was acting a little restless one night and gave him a Ambien. Guess what, it woke him up and now with Ambien he awakes and the last time I heard he was talking.

Funnygrl
This whole thread has scared the cr_p outta me!!! I was very recently prescribed Ambien because I have big issues sleeping and was having too many problems on the Seroquel they prescribed. I don't know if I want to fill this prescription now...I already have big issues with non-stop nausea (another long story, doc thinks I may have gastroparesis) and if I take something that makes it worse, I'll still not sleep. UGH. Maybe it won't make me feel sick, right? I am just tired of not sleeping...the whole family is in bed no later than midnight and I'm up pacing the house, fantasizing about sleep. :( Sleeping problems are no fun.

I have gastroparesis and it's never maken me sick. I get no effects except a good night's sleep from it!

networkguy
You mean watching two sleeping pills go at it?

I am pretty sure had I continued to take Ambien, I would have witnessed this at some point had I left two on my night table by themselves.

Of course, I would be hallucinating.

Yah thats it. Thats what happened :D

mell1682
I have gastroparesis and it's never maken me sick. I get no effects except a good night's sleep from it!

Thank you!! I'm glad to know that, still a bit worried due to the non-stop nausea I have.

Keezheekoni

I take the regular Ambien 10mg. nightly. I love the stuff. It's the only thing that gets me to sleep quickly, though if I have to get up 30 or so minutes after taking it I do feel quite woozy. I try to take it about 20 minutes before I want to be asleep...

I've not had any nausea from it. I'm with funnygrl, I get a great night's sleep and can wake up easily after 7-8 hours of sleep feeling nice and refreshed. It's been great getting the kids out of the house on time in the mornings. :) If I don't take it (like when I've run out and not picked up the refill), it takes me hours to fall asleep and then I'm up again a couple hours later feeling sluggish. Those days are when the kids are late for school...not a good thing!

kat27406
Love ambien! I take it once I'm already in bed. I just sleep fantastically. I wake up feeling rested and energized. It's about the only time I ever feel well rested.

Ditto on that...I have taken it forever...always had insomnia till I found this. No after effects..just plain old good deep sleep!:)

janice21475

Ambien is one of the few meds that my husband is able to take with no ill effects. He has been on 10 mg for over a year and has never walked in his sleep or had a bad experience. Some nights it works better than others.

Before Ambien he ALWAYS had trouble getting to sleep. Hours of laying awake. Ambien is a gift, give it a trial.

plattb1

Lunesta is a good alternative to ambien for folks who cannot take it for whatever reason.

Bre_rosebud

After suffering a nervous breakdown in 2005,my psych. put me on Ambien to help me sleep but it gave me the heebeejeebees.When I laid down it felt like I was falling into a dark hole.He immediately changed my meds and put me on mirtazapine which I have been on ever since.

suneyedgirl

LOVE ambien. Solved a life time of sleeplessness with one little pill. However when my husband (the t2 and reason why I'm here) takes it and he becomes this creepy sleezy aggressive jerk, and doesn't remember it the next day. And it doesn't help him sleep. He takes Lunesta, which does nothing for me.

Abra

I took it every night for about a year and a half during menopause, when I absolutely couldn't sleep. I slept beautifully and woke feeling fine. BUT. When I tried to see if I still needed it, and I skipped a night, I couldn't sleep at all, and the second night without it I had screaming nightmares. It was so bad that I started taking it again, tried to stop again, screamed all night long again. And that all was taking only half a tablet. Now I very occasionally take half a tab, like twice a year, but never for more than one night. Those nightmares were so bad that I'd never willingly go through that again.

jillrapp

I took Ambien CR off and on for a few months, mostly off as I would get extremely agitated if I took it for more than 2 nights in a row. I loved it for what it was meant for - helping me to fall asleep very quickly, giving me a very good 7-9 hours of sleep, feeling refreshed in the morning. ***I do give warning though, if you take it, and then don't IMMEDIATELY go to bed, you could be sorry, very sorry. I am one of those people that has had sex on ambien - I don't remember a thing but evidently it was really good, lol.. and other things I am not so proud of - after learning of it the next day... or a few days later. I stopped taking it after realizing I totally lose self control after taking it. (no I didn't hurt anyone!!) Now it's just melatonin and occassionally a glass of wine. :) Peace out!

japietro66

You ever wake up in a playground in the middle of winter at three o'clock in the morning wearing only a clown wig after taking it?

I have not used Ambien, but a former neighbor of mine used it, and he used to come and visit me wearing only shorts,t-shirt, and a short coat. His visits were always at night 10:00 P.M. and he would play internet checkers on my laptop, tell me jokes, and ecetera. Next day he had no memory of his previous night's visit. When I mentioned it to him the next day he just laughed about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.