Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

in2grace1976

Pregnant with diabetes and waiting for a pattern in readings

in2grace1976

Hi, I am currently 5.5 weeks pregnant with #2 and just gotten to see the enchrinologist. My A1 is 5.6% but my 2 hour post-meal can go up to the 180s. My doctor has asked me to watch my readings for the next few days before prescribing insulin but I am so worried about 1st trimester complications since I wont be on medication until probably next week.

I was on a strict 1 hour postmeal control and insulin from the 5th week onwards for my last pregnancy so I am pretty much in uncharted waters here.

Any support? Thanks so much!

Jenny

First of all, congrats on #2!!! I am also a pre-diabetic, but my sugars are very "yo-yo" like. I just gave birth to #3 about 6 weeks ago. My GTT was 139 during the 24th week test, so they let me go without intervention; however, I think they should have done more for me during the pg. They just didn't seem worried about it.

I understand your worries about the fluctuating bgs. i am sorry I don't have much wisdom or advice, but I just want to wish you the best and hope that the next few days go fast for you so you can get on a "routine" and know what you will be doing for the pg to control your bgs!!

in2grace1976

Finally got insulin in the middle of my 6th week, a bit late I think but at least. But there are still spikes in my readings so still very worried sometimes. I just got to really control my diet.

I hope the baby is well. :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.