Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rak1978

Asian style cucumbers

rak1978

Here's another one that I was just thinking about. It's a great go-to snack for me when I'm hungry, but don't want a lot of carbs or calories....again, quantities are approximate!

*a couple tablespoons of soy sauce

*a few tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar (I use the regular one which does have sugar in it, but I'm guessing you could buy the unseasoned and just add splenda & salt to it. I'm not worried about the few drips of the real stuff that stick to the cucumbers)

* a few drops of sriracha or you could sub some dried chili flakes

* about a 1/2 tsp sesame oil

stir together and pour over sliced cucumbers.

yum.

rak1978

Really? I never would have thought of that. Do they stay crunchy?

Not sure if PF Changs is a national chain, or if it's local, but they have these cucumbers on the menu and they are so good! That's the one thing that I don't feel too bad about when I eat there.

foxl

PFChangs is a national chain, started in Chicago.

I have stir-fry cucumber recipes from old Chinese cookbooks -- and Indian, too!

The do stay crunchy -- hot/spicy on the outside, yet still somewhat cool/crunchy on the inside. You seed them and cut them in chunks.

plattb1

I like this a lot, but have to have a little onion flavor in it. I usually snip a few scallions over the cukes before I pour over the sauce. Shallots work really well, too. I like just a hint, not overpowering. Yum!

rak1978
I like this a lot, but have to have a little onion flavor in it. I usually snip a few scallions over the cukes before I pour over the sauce. Shallots work really well, too. I like just a hint, not overpowering. Yum!

I add green onions too. And sometimes a little black sesame seeds. Also, I'm a little heavy handed with the sriracha when the kids aren't eating them with me. Yummy. Salty and spicy is my favorite flavor combo.

Sounds like a snack for today! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.