Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joeprep4820

A quick exercise routine that burns calories and you can do at home

Joeprep4820

I was training a bit with a friend of mine who works in the CIA and with his travel routine, he often uses this group of exercises to ensure good health as well as avoiding getting fat on those long trips away from a gym. Being in good shape, I did this routine 2 days ago and parts of me are still in pain. The numbers posted are the numbers I did, but by no means are standard. The only standards are the exercises and number of sets.

1)35 crunches

2)25 side raises

3)15 leg raises

4)50 mountain climbers

5)25 pushups

Repeat this for 8 repetitions, breaking only for 10 seconds between each rep.

Caravaggio

Thanks for sharing. I'll try this sometime, although I doubt I can do 8 circuits.

My rainy-day-do-it-at-home or hotel-room exercise routine is:

1. abs bicycle exercise (minimum of 25 cycles)

2. plank (minimum 2 minutes)

3. squats (minimum 20)

4. front, side and back lunges (minimum 10 full "rotation" per leg)

5. standing leg side raises (minimum 20 slow raises per leg)

6. push-ups (minimum 15, varying the distance between hands for every 5 reps)

I do a minimum of 2 full circuits, with about 1 minute rest between circuits. Sometimes I hold canned goods while doing the squats and lunges, or do the squats with bicep curls or military press (again with canned goods as weights).

rak1978
I was training a bit with a friend of mine who works in the CIA and with his travel routine, he often uses this group of exercises to ensure good health as well as avoiding getting fat on those long trips away from a gym. Being in good shape, I did this routine 2 days ago and parts of me are still in pain. The numbers posted are the numbers I did, but by no means are standard. The only standards are the exercises and number of sets.

1)35 crunches

2)25 side raises

3)15 leg raises

4)50 mountain climbers

5)25 pushups

Repeat this for 8 repetitions, breaking only for 10 seconds between each rep.

Joe, do you do them in order (1-5) 8 times, or do you do each exercise 8 times before moving on to the next? Does that make sense? Didn't have caffeine today.

I might try this tonight. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, I'm probably dead.

rak1978

one more question....

are you talking about side raises w/ weights for the shoulders?

I googled it and there are several diff. descriptions.

Joeprep4820
Joe, do you do them in order (1-5) 8 times, or do you do each exercise 8 times before moving on to the next? Does that make sense? Didn't have caffeine today.

I might try this tonight. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, I'm probably dead.

You go through the routine 8 times, as in exercise 1, then 2, then 3..., then repeat. Hope you make it through the night!

Joeprep4820
one more question....

are you talking about side raises w/ weights for the shoulders?

I googled it and there are several diff. descriptions.

Sorry for not being more descriptive - you go on one side with your elbow on the ground supporting your upper body, your body in a sort of line, legs straight. You move your hips from as close to the ground without touching, to as high as you can go, then back down. Hope this helps!

rak1978
Sorry for not being more descriptive - you go on one side with your elbow on the ground supporting your upper body, your body in a sort of line, legs straight. You move your hips from as close to the ground without touching, to as high as you can go, then back down. Hope this helps!

Sounds like torture. Just put the kids to bed, guess I have to make good on my claim now. Wish me luck.

Joeprep4820
Sounds like torture. Just put the kids to bed, guess I have to make good on my claim now. Wish me luck.

Oh, calling it a sadistic exercise would be too kind.

rak1978

I survived...barely. But I only did half the reps and only 4 circuits. I'm extremely out of shape right now, so I'll have to work my way up.

Caravaggio, I'm trying your suggestion tomorrow (again, reduced!).

Thanks for the suggestions! That is exactly what I need. Getting to the gym is not exactly practical at this point in my life.

Caravaggio

Good luck Rachel. :)

Always build a base, regardless of which exercise regimen or sports you do. You can add or subtract exercises, reps or sets as you feel necessary (I do ;)).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.