Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustinAT

Because I'm too scared to research...

Dr Rainbow

Although diabetes should not affect sperm count or sperm creation - 80% of us suffer from erectile problems. There are drugs and devices that can help; this it is a very good reason to lose weight, exercise (sex included) and keep blood sugars down as much as possible.

Searchy

Diabetes also lowers testosterone levels, you should ask your dr to check your levels if you're concerened, or if you notice that your sex drive is lacking, or your erection is .. umm lacking for a better term ... etc.

don1942

I am 68 and was diag. 17 years ago as T2. Until recently, I would characterize my BG levels as somewhat uncontrolled. For example 280 BG level in the morning was not that unusual. As a result my ED :eek: has slowly progressed to the point where it is now necessary for me to take a supplement(s) in order to have a satisfactory erection. Libido, however, is not a problem. The ED is caused primarily by reduced circulation and, to a miner extent, to lower sensitivity (nerve damage). Psychological self esteem occasionally comes into play as well.

As I mentioned, supplements, both over the counter and prescription (V in my case), improve circulation and have kept things going, at least until now. I am now getting better control of my BG levels (went on the pump last week) and my Endo assures me I should see some improvement.:cool:

Moral of the story: 1. Maintain good control and you may not develop problems. 2. If you do, there are many ways to overcome it and continue to enjoy life in and out of the bedroom.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.