Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cassandrajade

Bad control and now pregnant.

codysue

i'm very sorry to hear about your loss. keep your chin up. if you are serious about having a baby there is no better time than now to start taking good care of yourself. god works in strange ways. be strong. we are thinking about you.

Belle'sMama

I am so sorry for your loss. I have had a terrible miscarriage as well as having multiple chemical pregnancies. Please do not blame yourself, I know it's hard not to, thinking about all the "what ifs" but I know more women who have had miscarriages than those who haven't, and I'm the only diabetic! It's easy for drs to say diabetes effects the chances of having a m/c, but geez, what do they say diabetes does NOT affect? They say that about everything medically relevant. Sometimes if it happens repeatedly, it could be a clotting disorder, progesterone deficiency, etc., could be a number of things not related to diabetes at all. And unfortunately sometimes it happens with no explanantion. Please just try and rest and heal. You are in my prayers.

cassandrajade
I am so sorry for your loss. I have had a terrible miscarriage as well as having multiple chemical pregnancies. Please do not blame yourself' date=' I know it's hard not to, thinking about all the "what ifs" but I know more women who have had miscarriages than those who haven't, and I'm the only diabetic! It's easy for drs to say diabetes effects the chances of having a m/c, but geez, what do they say diabetes does NOT affect? They say that about everything medically relevant. Sometimes if it happens repeatedly, it could be a clotting disorder, progesterone deficiency, etc., could be a number of things not related to diabetes at all. And unfortunately sometimes it happens with no explanantion. Please just try and rest and heal. You are in my prayers.[/quote']

I've been on bed rest/no heavy lifting and i've been trying to talk to my partner about it but i've just gotten upset. :o

kwilborn

I am sorry for your loss!

I have also had lost pregnancy due to high blood sugar, and even though it is better for the baby I understand how hard it is on the mother! If you ever want someone to talk to I am here!!

~Kim

ktbrodie

I am so sorry for your lost. I myself have been there and it is always nice to hear you are not the only one. I had 5 yes FIVE micarrige's 3 before being diagnosed with Diabetes and 2 after. YOu run a higher risk with your sugar out of control, but after about a year on insulin i got pregnant and now have a beautiful 4 year old who is truly a mircile! Hang in there this too shall pass!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.