Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brookie

3rd Trimester Blood Sugars

Brookie

Hi everyone!

Just curious what most of your blood sugars ran in the third trimester? I am definitely becoming more insulin resistant and tend to be high 100's. I'll get it down for a day or two...then more resistance. Anyone run around these numbers? If yes and you've given birth, do you feel like it made the baby larger, have any more problems etc? Or did folks in general just feel like it was harder to control sugars in the third trimester?

Just curious...and btw...just got my A1c back and it was 5.3!! Woo hoo!! :) But numbers are starting to run higher....

Thanks!

e||ement

Awesome A1C!!!!!

So far, I've had major insulin resistance. Especially third trimester. I had a week, a couple of weeks ago, where I was running high constantly and needed to correct every hour. It was awful.

Third trimester so far is definitely taking a toll on my blood sugars. My numbers are still all over the place (but better). My fasting ranges from 2.9 (52) to 5.5 (99) for no rhyme or reason!

My last A1C at the beginning of April was 5.8 and I was truly shocked, I was expecting a number in the mid-6s. Probably because I was so vigilant with correcting highs, I imagine.

Anyway, yes, it was almost like as soon as I approached the third trimester, my numbers went haywire.

Good luck!

Katrina Stovold

Well, although I gave birth a little early (at 34 weeks) my baby was spot on for his gestation.(He weighed 2.2kg at birth which is normal for 34 weeks). my hba1c was 5.5% around this time. Yes, I started to need more insulin around the 3rd trimester but I kept on top of it and all was fine! If I got a high Id correct it, then the next day Id take more insulin to avoid the need for correction. As long as most readings are pretty good there will be no probs.I tested alot too to catch the highs and I also ate pretty much the same thing every day so I could notice patterns with changes in readings and adjusted my insulin dose accordingly. A few highs here n there dont really make much difference in regards to bub getting big. I think it is more if it is high all the time...x

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.