Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buddy7

Any one from the UK, SCOTLAND, WALES or IRELAND?

buddy7

Hi I’m from ESSEX UK, It’s been noted an absence of some UK, Scott’s, Welsh and Irish members have to say though, they are some regulars never let the side down on the forum. Where have all the others got too? If you’re out there just! Please, give us a shout, just say Hi! I’m just dieing to here from you all.

davef

Buddy,

You are right, there have been a fair few from Ireland, England, Wales, Scotland who registered but seem have vanished. Wonder where they went, perhaps the is a serial killer hunting down diabetics in our part of the world.... Or maybe I should stop watching criminal minds

JoanW

Hey! I'm an ex-pat from Wales (or Whales as Bountyman says)...:) Now living in Eastern Ontario, but born in Cardiff some 76 years ago...indeed to goodness! (typical Welsh saying)..:)

Nice to see someone from the U.K. I am still in touch with many old friends and family there and visit some time when I can.

I don't post a lot, but do enjoy reading all the new posts every day and have learned a lot from them. Great forum here!

Tattoo azz

I resemble that remark Dave! lol. I've tried a few times to setup a meeting for all us 'Ds' on this side of the pond, but they never came to anything (for good reasons). I'm not going to try again until this ash cloud buggers off tho lol.:T

davef
I resemble that remark Dave! lol.

You should, where the feck have you been ! ;)

I've tried a few times to setup a meeting for all us 'Ds' on this side of the pond, but they never came to anything (for good reasons). I'm not going to try again until this ash cloud buggers off tho lol.:T

We'll have to get together on the Isle of Man, we could all travel by boat :D

Stuboy

I'm in the UK!

I know some UK people on here also use another forum that's based in the UK. It's all the same if you ask me... diabetes is diabetes is diabetes lol.

Tattoo azz

hmmmmm a meeting on the isle of man...... YEAH BABY YEAH!!!!!!!!!! The seafood is great, no speed limits on the roads, ok it's a bit pricey but i can excuse that.:D

fgummett

Another ex-pat... born and raised in Croydon, Surrey and later moved to Purley -- "Purley Squire... faamous place Purley!.. nudge nudge, wink wink, Saaaay noo more!"*.

So like DeusXM I am well acquainted with Sarf Landan, mite :D

Spent much time in Portsmouth/Gosport, Garelochhead and Plymouth with the Royal Navy.

Me Maam was from Deri near Bargoed so we visited South Wales frequently "Oh... you must be one of Molly's boys?!?"

:)

buddy7
Buddy,

You are right, there have been a fair few from Ireland, England, Wales, Scotland who registered but seem have vanished. Wonder where they went, perhaps the is a serial killer hunting down diabetics in our part of the world.... Or maybe I should stop watching criminal minds

Thanks for the support Dave it will be nice to get these lost members back on track.

buddy7
WHALES? You're not really from the UK, are you! :cool:

Thanks for your supportive pun, there's nothing fishy about the Welsh folks, according to our great history, the lands was once owned and still is, If my memory serves me right by Royalty.

A famous guy called His Royal Highness- THE PRINCE OF WALES. First to our great Royal throne still runs the place. :D

May be corrected for the above.

davef
Thanks for the support Dave it will be nice to get these lost members back on track.

Buddy, we may need to round them up using a large stick!

buddy7
Hey! I'm an ex-pat from Wales (or Whales as Bountyman says)...:) Now living in Eastern Ontario, but born in Cardiff some 76 years ago...indeed to goodness! (typical Welsh saying)..:)

Nice to see someone from the U.K. I am still in touch with many old friends and family there and visit some time when I can.

I don't post a lot, but do enjoy reading all the new posts every day and have learned a lot from them. Great forum here!

My Dear Joan thanks for your respective support and response. Do keep in touch, try and get back posting.

Thank you very much, take care now!

buddy7
I resemble that remark Dave! lol. I've tried a few times to setup a meeting for all us 'Ds' on this side of the pond, but they never came to anything (for good reasons). I'm not going to try again until this ash cloud buggers off tho lol.:T

Great Idea Azz! you'll have my support, thanks for responsive support to the thread.

buddy7
I'm in the UK!

I know some UK people on here also use another forum that's based in the UK. It's all the same if you ask me... diabetes is diabetes is diabetes lol.

Have to endorse your remark Stuboy. However all efforts should be made to get them back on the DF.

buddy7
Another ex-pat... born and raised in Croydon, Surrey and later moved to Purley -- "Purley Squire... faamous place Purley!.. nudge nudge, wink wink, Saaaay noo more!"*.

So like DeusXM I am well acquainted with Sarf Landan, mite :D

Spent much time in Portsmouth/Gosport, Garelochhead and Plymouth with the Royal Navy.

Me Maam was from Deri near Bargoed so we visited South Wales frequently "Oh... you must be one of Molly's boys?!?"

:)

The great man his self, so pleased to see you're with us. Thanks for your respective and supportive response to the thread. :)

DeusXM

Ain't actually that far from you, I'm over in Woolwich right next to the river, so much like Sarah Palin, I can see Essex from my house!

buddy7
Great Idea Azz! you'll have my support, thanks for responsive support to the thread.

That is, Thanks for the responsive and humongous support. Azz :D :D :D

fgummett
Ain't actually that far from you, I'm over in Woolwich right next to the river, so much like Sarah Palin, I can see Essex from my house!
As a child, on Sunday afternoons when we'd visit my Paternal Grandparents in Dagenham (Essex) we'd either drive through the tunnel or take the Woolwich ferry

Sarah Palin... heh heh heh! :D

Family.jpg

buddy7

The area has become quite a talking point in my house hold, friends of the family lives there, does one, still has to ferried across? I'm straight up the A13, next to LAKESIDE, literally breaths the place minutely.

Any how, thanks for support and response.

buddy7
As a child, on Sunday afternoons when we'd visit my Paternal Grandparents in Dagenham (Essex) we'd either drive through the tunnel or take the Woolwich ferry

Sarah Palin... heh heh heh! :D

Now, be careful Frank! you're getting far too close to home, next you'll be popping in for a cup of tea. :D :D

DeusXM

Nah, there's a busy railway station there and the DLR got extended last year as well, so it's dead easy to get around. Can get to Central London in 20 minutes and (heaven forfend) Romford in about an hour (roundabout trip on the DLR, Jubilee line to West Ham and then national rail). Technically Paris is only half an hour away as you can get to London City Airport in 5 minutes too.

The ferry's still there (I live about 300m away from one of the stops) but I've not used it myself as it doesn't really take me to anywhere I want to go.

buddy7
Nah, there's a busy railway station there and the DLR got extended last year as well, so it's dead easy to get around. Can get to Central London in 20 minutes and (heaven forfend) Romford in about an hour (roundabout trip on the DLR, Jubilee line to West Ham and then national rail). Technically Paris is only half an hour away as you can get to London City Airport in 5 minutes too.

The ferry's still there (I live about 300m away from one of the stops) but I've not used it myself as it doesn't really take me to anywhere I want to go.

Hi Deus!

Thanks for bringing me up to speed, a very long time ago, probably some 25 to 30 years, worked and lived in Wandsworth Battersea, with a young family and poor housing, it was always my intention to move away from London, and move into the suburbs. 1980 made the moved, never looked back. Things were so much better for the family after the moved, better schooling, therefore better education, much better housing, the job prospects greatly improved, and a better social and conservative way of living, just love it in ESSEX.

Romford, West Ham and East Ham. Know these areas very well, actually; Once had a job in Romford for a short period, and still have friends in East Ham and West Ham, go there from time to time.

Well! Thanks for the update Woolwich/London and our little chat was appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.