Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rak1978

A daily exercise thread?....

aliciaperez

Besides exercising daily if you want to gain muscle mass I recommend you to try sunestron protein suplement. This supplement is really good, I add it to my smoothies every morning and the results are awesome!

Fraser

The start of another running season!  Oficially start Jan 6 with the hot chocolate,run)

bur last season was so bad with injuries and travel I needed to start a bit early.

Today is sponsered the UCSF Diabeties Research Center.  It will be a small group and very young. 

Including kids; (.  Good cause, but I will probably just introduce  myself and then go and my normal run. 

macksvicky
On 1/16/2018 at 10:42 PM, Dave_KC said:

12,024 steps today..  lower than I want, but it's very, very cold outside. 

If you did any walking outside, I'm impressed! You couldn't pay me to walk outside LOL

Hammer

I do my 60 minutes on my stationary exercise bike every day.  Because of my bad back and arthritis everywhere, the exercise bike is the only exercise that I can do that doesn't cause me pain.  I find that I enjoy pedaling my exercise bike every day because I DVR TV shows the night before, and I am anxious to watch those shows, so I just pedal my bike without thinking about it, as I am absorbed in the TV show.  I love to exercise, but because of my physical limitations, the only exercise that I can do is to pedal my exercise bike, and I am happy with that, since it doesn't matter what the weather is like outside.

Something that I have found to be interesting is that, when I tell a doctor that I exercise by pedaling my stationary bike for 60 minutes every day, they are surprised that I exercise.  I know that I am fat, and I can only assume that, when those doctors see me, they think that I am a lazy slob who just sits around.  What they don't seem to understand is that I can't lose weight because of the amount of insulin that I take.  Taking a large amount of insulin, causes you to gain weight, and there is nothing that you can do to lose that weight.  I wish that there was some way that I could show those doctors the small amount of food that I eat every day....an amount that is so small, that if they ate the exact same foods, they would be starving, yet here I am, a fat man.

I have mentioned this in a previous post, but I eat three hard boiled eggs for breakfast every day, then I go down to my family room and pedal my exercise bike for 60 minutes.  I then take a shower and either get on my computer, or watch TV....mostly I just get on my computer.  If I get the munchies, I'll eat a slice of Swiss Cheese, or I'll eat a small handful of cashews.  For my main meal, I'll eat a 12 ounce container of either tuna salad or chicken salad.  I'll drink Sprite Zero, Powerade Zero, or a bottle of water.  That's it!  I've never added up the calories in those foods, but it can't be more than 1800-2000, and it's probably a lot less than that.  For me to lose weight, I'm guessing that I'd have to eliminate the three hard boiled eggs for breakfast, or maybe the tuna salad or chicken salad, but even if I did that, I still doubt that I would lose any weight.

When I am away from home, I don't eat junk food....I mean, I like pizza, but I haven't eaten that in more than 7 years.  I like all kinds of potatoes, corn, peas, pasta, etc., but I don't eat those foods.  I've resigned myself to know that I'll just be fat the rest of my life, and there is nothing that I can do about it.  My avatar is me some 30 plus years ago, and the only way I was able to look like that, was to eat a very strict diet, work out in the gym 2.5 hours a day, seven days a week, and work in construction....a physical job.  Since I can no longer work in construction and workout at the gym, there is no way that I could ever look like my avatar again.  So be it....

JanetP
On 11/27/2017 at 8:17 AM, Java said:

an herbal 'roid?

sorry, imma haffta pass on that

Sorry. . . I just dropped in to see what was going on and saw this post. . . The first thing that came to my mind was NOT steroids. . . . trying hard to behave myself here. . . but wondering if they would itch and burn. . . 

Hammer
3 hours ago, ran23 said:

Waxed the front of my truck, 106/65 p96

If you, or anyone else wants to wash and wax their vehicle, the best wax in the world is Zymol.  I have used Zymol in the past, and I have to say that it is the best wax in the world.  Depending on which one of their waxes you buy, it can get expensive, but when you read why it costs so much, you will understand why they charge so much for their waxes.  Their waxes contain either a yellow carnauba, or a white carnauba, and that is the reason for the cost.  You can buy their yellow carnauba wax for a lot less money than their white carnauba wax.  Their high end, white carnauba wax costs about $1500, but if you want to just use their lower end yellow carnauba waxes, you can get them for around $80.  Either way, the end result will be far superior to any other wax on the market.  I have used both the yellow and the white carnauba waxes, and I have to say that they are, superior to any other car waxes out there.

ran23

wife wanted me to move the rocks out of the front are and lay new weed block.  rocks back in.  5 hours later pulse 103 still.   good work out. (I was up to 112 right after).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.