Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rak1978

A daily exercise thread?....

Scratch
15 minutes -- 57 ring dips and 49 ring pullups

15 minutes -- 124 snatches of the 50-lb dumbbell, 16x4 left, 15x4 right

15 min:

17x4 ring dips

17x3 ring pullups

15 min:

172 snatches of the 40-lb dumbbell

16x5, 1x6 left arm

16x5, 1x6 right arm

fooddreamer

Just a nice long walk for me today, because the little one wouldn't sleep and I needed to get out of the house!

fooddreamer

11 mile training run today. TIRED!

That's our last big run before the half marathon on the 30th. Just 3-5 miles from here on in. :)

Scratch
Got along a bit farther in today's run at this.

45 burpees

40 med ball slams

12 40 yard sprints

8 40 yard 60-lb sandbag carries

Some more improvement

15 min:

50 burpees

50 med ball slams

12.75 40-yard sprints

8 40-yd 60-lb sandbag carries

rak1978

Well, excuses, excuses, and more excuses...I haven't exercised since last Saturday...until now.......

*10 minutes stairs inside (thanks for the suggestion! That was hard and produced the desired amount of sweatiness! :))

*10 minutes continuous misc. stuff outside (push ups, lunges, squats, crunches, etc...)

Blood sugar before was 135, after was 56. :cool:

foxl

Intervals last night, 30 min total on bike ... was in 70's all day today.

Hmmmm ... too tired tonight (boy misbehaving, Dad out on errands). Tabling the workout for tonight. :(

rak1978

Linda, How'd you feel in the 70's? Better start withholding that info from your doctor, hah? Have you scaled back on the insulin at all?

I understand the workout being tabled! Almost gave up today on the step when baby wouldn't get out from under my feet.

It's hard to juggle everything...one of my reasons for not working out since Saturday!

fooddreamer
Linda, How'd you feel in the 70's? Better start withholding that info from your doctor, hah? Have you scaled back on the insulin at all?

I understand the workout being tabled! Almost gave up today on the step when baby wouldn't get out from under my feet.

It's hard to juggle everything...one of my reasons for not working out since Saturday!

Without the childwatch at my local Y, I wouldn't be able to get much running/working out in. Once my half-marathon is over, I plan on making cookies (regular carb) for the ladies there to let them know how much I appreciate them!!! They've made my exercise regime possible.

rak1978

1 hr steep, hilly walk today. It is an amazing day. Like a dream.

:) Work out part 2 will be later this afternoon.

Blood sugar before was 95, after 85. I'm not mad at that! :D

foxl

I feel okay in the 70's but had a 68 at lunch today :eek: was astonished. I did 6U last night, since I did not work out ... maybe better to keep to 5 ...

fooddreamer

Ugh, yesterday's run was miserable! It was 87 degrees by the time we went out and humid as all get out. We only got in 2.25 miles before we decided to just walk it.

And now the weather for my half-marathon on Sunday is supposed to be in the 80's :(

rak1978

short attention span today as usual...it's a miracle that I ever did long distance running!.......

20 min. pilates

5 min steps (quick pace)

5 min walking lunges, crunches, girl push ups

30 laps in the pool

blood sugar before= 95

after= 70

fooddreamer

3.8 mile run today.

Half-marathon is on Sunday and they are now calling for 88F. :eek: It's going to be a hot one! We start at 8am, though, so I am hopeful it is cooler in the morning.

rak1978
3.8 mile run today.

Half-marathon is on Sunday and they are now calling for 88F. :eek: It's going to be a hot one! We start at 8am, though, so I am hopeful it is cooler in the morning.

Fooddreamer: Good luck on your race! Have fun with that.

I hope that it's not too hot for you! :)

Running is awesome.

Deetles13

Set temp basal at 50% then I did a speed walk for about 2 miles and jogged up one hill. I was really tired though and my sugar was 114 starting out, popped 5 glucose tabs on the way home and tested at 84 or something when I got home. Training for a 7 miler in Aug. .. easing into it.

dwm042

Because of knee soreness, I've cut out most legwork (no squats, no leg extensions), and lowered the angle of my treadmill. That seems to leave my knees at manageable levels of soreness.

Last night:

1. walked 20 minutes, 115 cal burn (inclines from 1 to 7 degrees, 3 mph)

2. machine: lat pulldowns, bench press, flies. pyramid scheme. Start at 40 pounds, then 70, 90, 100, 120, 140 and 150 if possible. I can do flies to 90, lats to 100, bench after that. This day I couldn't do 150, though most recent days I've been able to.

3. dumbbell workout (5 lb to 30 lb dumbbells)

3x40 standing calf raises (both feet, 20 lb dumbbells)

2x12 lateral raises (I hate this exercise; 7.5 lb dumbbells)

1x24, 1x12 bent over rows, both sides (30 lb dumbbell)

1x25 pullovers (30 lb dumbbell - love this exercise)

2x15 concentration curls (20 lb dumbbells, both arms)

1x15 triceps extension (12.5 lb dumbbells, both arms)

1x15 triceps exercise, sort of like pullover: 30 lb dumbbell

1x40 wrist flexion (30 lb right hand, 20 lb left)

stopped to measure bg

1x? external rotation (5 lb weight until exhaustion)

This morning is a weightless day, so 20 minute walk, 118 cals, 1 to 7 degree inclines, 3 mph. I'll walk again after dinner.

fooddreamer

Half-marathon completed in 2 hrs and 10 minutes.

Had a big, bunless burger with broccoli (alliteration, anyone?) afterwards. Felt wonderful at the time, but now I feel a little sick to my stomach.

It was fairly warm running through downtown Boston, but along the Charles in Cambridge was lovely. :)

It was fun and I definitely plan on doing another!

rak1978
Half-marathon completed in 2 hrs and 10 minutes.

Had a big, bunless burger with broccoli (alliteration, anyone?) afterwards. Felt wonderful at the time, but now I feel a little sick to my stomach.

It was fairly warm running through downtown Boston, but along the Charles in Cambridge was lovely. :)

It was fun and I definitely plan on doing another!

Great job!!!! I know from experience the sense of accomplishment you feel in finishing a half marathon. It's amazing. Congratulations!

fooddreamer
Great job!!!! I know from experience the sense of accomplishment you feel in finishing a half marathon. It's amazing. Congratulations!

Thanks, Rachel. How is your back these days?

raffi

Biked in to work this morning. a bit over 18 miles took 1 hour and 45 minutes. Lots of hills. See attached elevation graph.

I burned more calories than I ate for breakfast. Good thing I brought snacks.

post-28037-139628777356_thumb.png

rak1978

Wow! Great job, Raffi! You guys are intense!!! :) Can't wait to be intense someday!

Thanks, Rachel. How is your back these days?

Thank you for asking! It's okayish as long as I stick to things that do not aggravate it. I'm hoping someday I'll get strong enough where it doesn't limit me so much. But...compared to the days/months/years of not being able to function at all, it's GREAT! Perspective is a good thing! :)

Might as well post my exercise from yesterday....

20 minutes freestyle laps...that's it.

fooddreamer

Back injuries are the worst, they effect seemingly all of your mobility. I hope it gets stronger for you soon. Do you do any exercises to strengthen it?

Yesterday, I just did a 30 min walk in the evening. Tonight I might try some free weights after dinner to see if that helps with my stubborn FBG.

foxl

Biking several miles -- laps around the block -- with kids.

It did not feel like much at the time, but I was worn out, last night!

Scratch

Hadn't done a workout really for almost 2 weeks. Last time I moved 6880 lbs in 15 minutes. Today I moved 6720 lbs in 15 minutes.

14x6x40 snatch left arm

14x6x40 snatch right arm

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.