Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huligoo

TTC..did you take your temps and

huligoo

test your cervical mucus??? In order to see if you were ovulating??? Im 35 type 2 never been pregnant on metformin, actos and amaryl...My endo gave me the option to go on insuilin to keep my blood sugars lower...but Im scared to go on insulin...I wonder if it would really help me get pregnant??? What do you know about insulin shots and pregnancy?? DO you have any experience with this...please help, I really want a baby!:(

LisaMom2Lucas

I didn't use insulin while TTC but I had gestational diabetes with my son 3 years ago and used insulin 4x a day. It is not bad. AT ALL! I was someone who never knew ANYTHING about diabetes and I went from doing nothing to testing my blood sugar 6+ times per day and injecting insulin 4x a day.

It is WORTH IT!

I am only 4 weeks pregnant with my second child now (do have type 2 now) and I know I'll be on insulin at some point with this one.

I charted, checked cervical fluid and used ovulation predictor kits and got pregnant on the first try.

Good luck to you!

fooddreamer

I did all the basal body temping and tracked my cervical mucus with TTC #1 and #2 (#3 was an accident!). I found I could pinpoint my fertile period within a few days. I also used OPKs with my second to help the whole process along.

I wasn't diabetic back then, though. Had GD with my third. So I can't help you with that stuff.

But one of the things I SWEAR helped me get pg with both the first two was Evening Primrose Oil. I took 1500gs a day from my period to ovulation (don't take it afterwards because it can cause uterine contrax) and it increased my fertile mucus a lot! I tried for almost 2 years for my first kiddo, and got pg on my second cycle using EPO.

ZoraP

OK, Carolyn, this is getting weird. I'm exactly the same -- did the whole charting thing for the first two and the third was a (very welcome) "oops". As it turns out I always conceived very quickly (I also chart for pregnancy avoidance, so I know my patterns really well) so I don't have a lot of tips to offer the original poster, except to say that charting really is an effective tool. It can help you know if you even are ovulating at all and whether your luteal phase is long enough for implantation. I suggest looking at this website and book if you haven't already:

http://www.tcoyf.com/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.