Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxl

My prescriptions are in!

foxl

The CDE wrote me for 200 test strips per month, AND 5 pens per month (at 6U a day, it takes me about ... 5 weeks to go thru a pen!)

WOW -- that saves SOOOOO me much money in co-pays! :)

I was joking to my husband, about selling surplus strips on EBay. Ah, no.

plattb1

Yay! As much time & money as D will cost us over a lifetime, this can be a real blessing.

Good for you!

foxl
Yay! As much time & money as D will cost us over a lifetime, this can be a real blessing.

Good for you!

Exactly ... so my insulin avgs out to 7 bucks a month! Nevermind the rest of the prescriptions ... sigh.

dbaratta
The CDE wrote me for 200 test strips per month, AND 5 pens per month (at 6U a day, it takes me about ... 5 weeks to go thru a pen!)

SWEET! My doc writes me scripts that last 3 months, which for me with the Lantus is about 5 to 6 months. They give me a vial per month but I don't go thru that much. I keep it in the fridge so it lasts more than 28 days. :D

Something has to go right sometimes huh?

Patriots62

Good for you Foxl!!!! :congrats:

I figure I spend around $200 a month on test strips so that adds up fast. I fortunately do get 100% re-imburse by my insurance but that takes avg of three months to get back. Every little bit helps!

*slides note under the table offering xxx price for some strips* :D :whistling

foxl
Good for you Foxl!!!! :congrats:

I figure I spend around $200 a month on test strips so that adds up fast. I fortunately do get 100% re-imburse by my insurance but that takes avg of three months to get back. Every little bit helps!

*slides note under the table offering xxx price for some strips* :D :whistling

Bah hah!

I am hanging onto mine ... I SURE DO have uses ...

Delphinus

Wooooooooooooo!

I have gotten strips from Ebay. I saved loads.

Most of my stuff is covered tho, so I don't tend to go far for my supplies anymore.

I forget, Lantus Solostars is what you are using, right?

I go thru one every four days.

I just got two boxes of Apidra Solostars today. Five pens per box. No charge. :D

I still use syringes tho. I just draw the insulin from the the pens with syringes.

foxl

Nope -- I am on Levemir pens ... at 6U per day a pen is ... around 50 days, for me! Pushing the 42-day limit, but I have not noticed any prob with that.

Delphinus
Nope -- I am on Levemir pens ... at 6U per day a pen is ... around 50 days, for me! Pushing the 42-day limit, but I have not noticed any prob with that.

Haha... Oh man, all I had to do was look at your sig. :laugh:

I tend not to look at sigs tho. :T

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.